Six injured in stone-pelting during Ganesh procession
Vadodara: Strict police bandobast has been placed in the Panigate area of the city where six people were injured in a stone-pelting incident, police said on Tuesday.
Two persons have been arrested in connection with the late last night incident, police said.
Six persons, including two policemen, were injured in stone-pelting during a Ganesh idol procession in the city last midnight, police said, adding that the reason for the provocation could not be ascertained.
"The situation is normal in the area and steps have been taken to ensure that such incidents do not occur again," city police commissioner Satish Sharma told News agencies.
Police vigil has been stepped up in the city in view of the ten-day Ganesh festival commencing from tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon