Six injured in stone-pelting during Ganesh procession
Vadodara: Strict police bandobast has been placed in the Panigate area of the city where six people were injured in a stone-pelting incident, police said on Tuesday.
Two persons have been arrested in connection with the late last night incident, police said.
Six persons, including two policemen, were injured in stone-pelting during a Ganesh idol procession in the city last midnight, police said, adding that the reason for the provocation could not be ascertained.
"The situation is normal in the area and steps have been taken to ensure that such incidents do not occur again," city police commissioner Satish Sharma told News agencies.
Police vigil has been stepped up in the city in view of the ten-day Ganesh festival commencing from tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Pacer Neil Wagner bags six wickets as New Zealand restrict Zimbabwe to 164 on Day 1
- Price rise: FM Jaitley counters Rahul Gandhi, says bluster no match to statistics
- Indian men's hockey team go down 1-4 to Spain in Rio Olympics preparation match
- When Microsoft almost bought Yahoo for $45 billion!
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi