Six inmates escape from Gujarat prison
Amreli (Gujarat): Six prisoners, convicted in
several cases of loot and robbery have escaped from the
district prison here after jumping from a 30-feet high
compound wall, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place last night when the prisoners,
led by Vera Velsinh, lodged in barrack four of the prison, dug
a hole in the toilet and escaped, they said.
According to the police, after getting out of the
barracks, the prisoners climbed the compound wall using the
blankets given to them in the prison.
The escaped prisoners include Velsinh, Chagan Hardi,
Magan Hardi, Jaga Mohan, Gunu Gadhvi and Mukesh Koli.
A jail official said a case has been registered and
search for the prisoners is on.
Also, an enquiry has been ordered into the incident by
the Jail Superintendent, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI arrests man who forged PM Modi's signature
- Turkey detains almost 300 presidential guards: Official
- SC notice to EC on procedure for unseating lawmaker upon conviction
- Communal clash in Gujarat kills one
- IAF's AN-32 transport aircraft with 29 on board goes missing; massive search operation launched