Six inmates escape from Gujarat prison
Amreli (Gujarat): Six prisoners, convicted in
several cases of loot and robbery have escaped from the
district prison here after jumping from a 30-feet high
compound wall, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place last night when the prisoners,
led by Vera Velsinh, lodged in barrack four of the prison, dug
a hole in the toilet and escaped, they said.
According to the police, after getting out of the
barracks, the prisoners climbed the compound wall using the
blankets given to them in the prison.
The escaped prisoners include Velsinh, Chagan Hardi,
Magan Hardi, Jaga Mohan, Gunu Gadhvi and Mukesh Koli.
A jail official said a case has been registered and
search for the prisoners is on.
Also, an enquiry has been ordered into the incident by
the Jail Superintendent, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic