Six inmates escape from Gujarat prison
Amreli (Gujarat): Six prisoners, convicted in
several cases of loot and robbery have escaped from the
district prison here after jumping from a 30-feet high
compound wall, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place last night when the prisoners,
led by Vera Velsinh, lodged in barrack four of the prison, dug
a hole in the toilet and escaped, they said.
According to the police, after getting out of the
barracks, the prisoners climbed the compound wall using the
blankets given to them in the prison.
The escaped prisoners include Velsinh, Chagan Hardi,
Magan Hardi, Jaga Mohan, Gunu Gadhvi and Mukesh Koli.
A jail official said a case has been registered and
search for the prisoners is on.
Also, an enquiry has been ordered into the incident by
the Jail Superintendent, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video