Six killed, 30 hurt in Gujarat road mishap
Anand (Guj): Six persons, including five women, were killed and at least 30 others injured--eleven among them critically--when their mini-truck overturned after it collided with a tractor on Kinkhlod-Umeta Road, about 20 kms from here, police said.
Among those killed, five were women and the condition of eleven of the 30 injured is said to be critical, a police official said.
The spot of the mishap is near to Navakhal Circle near Anklav police station.
According to police, the tragedy struck when at least 35 women were returning in the ill-fated vehicle from Bhadraniya village after attending a religious function and were headed towrads Koyali in Vadodara.
The injured have been admitted to SSG Hospital in Vadodara, a private hospital in Borsad and a community health centre in Anklav, police said.
Among the five women killed, three are identified as Madhuben Thakorebhai Patel, Sudhaben Bipinbhai Patel and Jethna Harish Patel, police said, adding the identity of other deceased is being established.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?