Six killed, 30 hurt in Gujarat road mishap
Anand (Guj): Six persons, including five women, were killed and at least 30 others injured--eleven among them critically--when their mini-truck overturned after it collided with a tractor on Kinkhlod-Umeta Road, about 20 kms from here, police said.
Among those killed, five were women and the condition of eleven of the 30 injured is said to be critical, a police official said.
The spot of the mishap is near to Navakhal Circle near Anklav police station.
According to police, the tragedy struck when at least 35 women were returning in the ill-fated vehicle from Bhadraniya village after attending a religious function and were headed towrads Koyali in Vadodara.
The injured have been admitted to SSG Hospital in Vadodara, a private hospital in Borsad and a community health centre in Anklav, police said.
Among the five women killed, three are identified as Madhuben Thakorebhai Patel, Sudhaben Bipinbhai Patel and Jethna Harish Patel, police said, adding the identity of other deceased is being established.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family