Six killed, 30 hurt in Gujarat road mishap
Anand (Guj): Six persons, including five women, were killed and at least 30 others injured--eleven among them critically--when their mini-truck overturned after it collided with a tractor on Kinkhlod-Umeta Road, about 20 kms from here, police said.
Among those killed, five were women and the condition of eleven of the 30 injured is said to be critical, a police official said.
The spot of the mishap is near to Navakhal Circle near Anklav police station.
According to police, the tragedy struck when at least 35 women were returning in the ill-fated vehicle from Bhadraniya village after attending a religious function and were headed towrads Koyali in Vadodara.
The injured have been admitted to SSG Hospital in Vadodara, a private hospital in Borsad and a community health centre in Anklav, police said.
Among the five women killed, three are identified as Madhuben Thakorebhai Patel, Sudhaben Bipinbhai Patel and Jethna Harish Patel, police said, adding the identity of other deceased is being established.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II