Snooping: HC rejects Sharma`s plea to file FIR against Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat High Court Wednesday rejected suspended IAS officer Pradeep Sharma`s plea seeking direction to lodge FIR against Chief Minister Narendra Modi in a case of alleged snooping of a woman by former state Home Minister Amit Shah on behest of one `Saheb`.
Justice G R Udhvani, while rejecting the plea, observed that there are alternative remedies available and asked him to approach the magisterial court.
The court said that the petition is not maintainable under Article 226.
Article 226 contains the provision for filing a petition before the Gujarat High Court.
Pradeep Sharma had earlier approached Sector 7 police station of Gandhinagar but police had refused to file the FIR.
Sharma had also approached Gujarat DGP PC Thakur and Gandhinagar SP Sharad Singhal to intervene and ask the police to file an FIR, but the efforts did not yield any results.
He had then approached the High Court and contended that police cannot refuse to file an FIR, as per a Supreme Court`s recent direction.
Earlier, two investigative news portals Cobrapost.Com and Gulail.Com had alleged that Gujarat state functionaries snooped on a woman architect and Sharma.
Following the revelations, the Gujarat government had formed a commission under the chairpersonship of former High Court Judge Sugnya Bhatt to inquire into the issue.
Sharma is facing six criminal cases of corruption in Gujarat. The 1984-batch IAS officer claimed he was being victimised by the BJP government in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional