Snooping row: It is an offence under Indian telegraph act, says Arjun Modhwadia
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress leader Arjun Modhwadia hit at Narendra Modi on Wednesday over the snooping scandal.
According to a news agency, he said that other than being morally wrong, it was an offence under Indian telegraph act.
BJP`s PM candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha polls and his aide Amit Shah is facing the heat from the Opposition for surveillance of a woman in Gujarat.
Upping the ante, Congress on today said that the BJP should change Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate, as the saffron party rejected its demand for a probe into "illegal" police watch of a woman allegedly at the behest of his close aide Amit Shah.
Meanwhile, the BJP said the matter involving the woman in Gujarat should be put to rest after her father did not want any probe and said that the Congress` demands was politically motivated.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why