Socio-economic and caste Census begins in Guj
Ahmedabad: The over month-long socio-
economic and caste Census in Gujarat got underway on Monday.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi launched the survey at his
residence in Gandhinagar where enumerators were present.
The exercise`s objective is to rank households based on
their socio-economic status to enable preparation of the
list of families living below the poverty line.
It also aims to generate authentic caste-wise population
The survey will be held across the state till February
"It is everybody`s duty and right to provide correct
and complete information about the household. Every individual
should provide full details," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police