Soharab case: HC grants bail to Rajendra Jeerawala
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court on Monday granted bail to Arham farm house owner Rajendra Jeerawala, an accused in the 2005 Soharabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
Justice Z K Sayaid granted bail to Jeerawala but has barred him to enter Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar districts. He was released on Rs one lakh personal bond and has been asked to appear before CBI at its Gandhinagar office every month.
The CBI, which is investigating the fake encounter case of Soharabuddin Sheikh and alleged murder of his wife Kausar Bi had arrested Jeerawala on July 27.
Jeerawala, who owns the Arham farm where Soharabuddin Sheikh and Kauser Bi were kept before they were killed, had applied for bail in the last week of November.
The Court said without entering into the merit of the case, looking at the role attributed to Jeerawala he needs to be granted bail.
The Court further said that looking at the charges against Jeerawala he does not seem to be involved in the larger conspiracy of the encounter as projected by the investigating agency.
Jeerawala has contended in his bail plea that he was innocent and was not involved in the fake encounter case.
He has further said that since he was innocent he should not be kept in jail and should be released immediately.
The CBI had opposed the granting of the bail to Jeerawala by saying he was involved in the entire conspiracy leading to the encounter of Sohrabuddin and murder of his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch