Soharab case: HC grants bail to Rajendra Jeerawala
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court on Monday granted bail to Arham farm house owner Rajendra Jeerawala, an accused in the 2005 Soharabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
Justice Z K Sayaid granted bail to Jeerawala but has barred him to enter Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar districts. He was released on Rs one lakh personal bond and has been asked to appear before CBI at its Gandhinagar office every month.
The CBI, which is investigating the fake encounter case of Soharabuddin Sheikh and alleged murder of his wife Kausar Bi had arrested Jeerawala on July 27.
Jeerawala, who owns the Arham farm where Soharabuddin Sheikh and Kauser Bi were kept before they were killed, had applied for bail in the last week of November.
The Court said without entering into the merit of the case, looking at the role attributed to Jeerawala he needs to be granted bail.
The Court further said that looking at the charges against Jeerawala he does not seem to be involved in the larger conspiracy of the encounter as projected by the investigating agency.
Jeerawala has contended in his bail plea that he was innocent and was not involved in the fake encounter case.
He has further said that since he was innocent he should not be kept in jail and should be released immediately.
The CBI had opposed the granting of the bail to Jeerawala by saying he was involved in the entire conspiracy leading to the encounter of Sohrabuddin and murder of his wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo