Sohrab Case: Accused wants interim bail to attend ailing wife
Ahmedabad: An accused in Sohrabuddin Sheikh
fake encounter case, who is willing to become an approver, has applied for interim bail on the ground that his wife was ill
and needs immediate care.
N K Amin, has applied for four weeks of interim bail to
attend to his wife, who is suffering from a spinal disorder.
According to Amin`s advocate Jagdish Ramani, the matter
came up for hearing in the special CBI court of Judge G K
Upadhyay, who has scheduled hearing on December 6 after the CBI sought time to file reply in the matter.
Ramani, in his interim bail application, said Amin has
stated that his wife needed to undergo treatment, which could
also require hospitalisation, hence he be granted four weeks
temporary bail to attended to his wife.
Amin, who wants to become an approver in the case, is
presently lodged in the Vadodara Central jail.
He was transfered to Vadodara jail, from Sabarmati Jail
here where he was lodged with other accused in the fake
encounter case like D G Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandian and Dinesh
M N, after a court order.
Amin had expressed concern over his safety in Sabarmati
jail and said that there he feared for his life.
Former Gujarat minister Amit Shah is also an accused in
the 2005 fake encounter case and is presently out on bail
which was granted by the Gujarat High Court in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi