Sohrab Case: Accused wants interim bail to attend ailing wife
Ahmedabad: An accused in Sohrabuddin Sheikh
fake encounter case, who is willing to become an approver, has applied for interim bail on the ground that his wife was ill
and needs immediate care.
N K Amin, has applied for four weeks of interim bail to
attend to his wife, who is suffering from a spinal disorder.
According to Amin`s advocate Jagdish Ramani, the matter
came up for hearing in the special CBI court of Judge G K
Upadhyay, who has scheduled hearing on December 6 after the CBI sought time to file reply in the matter.
Ramani, in his interim bail application, said Amin has
stated that his wife needed to undergo treatment, which could
also require hospitalisation, hence he be granted four weeks
temporary bail to attended to his wife.
Amin, who wants to become an approver in the case, is
presently lodged in the Vadodara Central jail.
He was transfered to Vadodara jail, from Sabarmati Jail
here where he was lodged with other accused in the fake
encounter case like D G Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandian and Dinesh
M N, after a court order.
Amin had expressed concern over his safety in Sabarmati
jail and said that there he feared for his life.
Former Gujarat minister Amit Shah is also an accused in
the 2005 fake encounter case and is presently out on bail
which was granted by the Gujarat High Court in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more