Sohrab Case: Accused wants interim bail to attend ailing wife
Ahmedabad: An accused in Sohrabuddin Sheikh
fake encounter case, who is willing to become an approver, has applied for interim bail on the ground that his wife was ill
and needs immediate care.
N K Amin, has applied for four weeks of interim bail to
attend to his wife, who is suffering from a spinal disorder.
According to Amin`s advocate Jagdish Ramani, the matter
came up for hearing in the special CBI court of Judge G K
Upadhyay, who has scheduled hearing on December 6 after the CBI sought time to file reply in the matter.
Ramani, in his interim bail application, said Amin has
stated that his wife needed to undergo treatment, which could
also require hospitalisation, hence he be granted four weeks
temporary bail to attended to his wife.
Amin, who wants to become an approver in the case, is
presently lodged in the Vadodara Central jail.
He was transfered to Vadodara jail, from Sabarmati Jail
here where he was lodged with other accused in the fake
encounter case like D G Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandian and Dinesh
M N, after a court order.
Amin had expressed concern over his safety in Sabarmati
jail and said that there he feared for his life.
Former Gujarat minister Amit Shah is also an accused in
the 2005 fake encounter case and is presently out on bail
which was granted by the Gujarat High Court in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey