Sohrab case: Court defers transfer of case
Ahmedabad: A special CBI magisterial
court today deferred the transfer of 2005 Sohrabuddin Sheikh
fake encounter case to trial court following a request made by
the central agency to the effect.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate A Y Dave, passed
the order after CBI filed an application before him requesting
the court not to commit the fake encounter case to trial
The accused in the case include former Gujarat
Minister of State for Home Amit Shah, suspended IPS officers
D G Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandiyan, Dinesh M N and Abhay Chudasama
In its application, CBI stated that it wanted the
trial in the case to be conducted outside Gujarat and a
petition in this regard was pending with the Apex Court.
Besides, one more appeal against the anticipatory bail
granted to two accused Ajay Patel and Yashpal Chudasama was
pending with the Supreme Court.
Until these two applications are cleared by the SC,
the case should not be transfered to trial court, CBI prayed
in its application.
The Court taking on record CBI`s request, deferred the
transfer of case to trial court till the Central agency`s
pen ding applications were decided upon by the SC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali