Sohrab case: Court defers transfer of case
Ahmedabad: A special CBI magisterial
court today deferred the transfer of 2005 Sohrabuddin Sheikh
fake encounter case to trial court following a request made by
the central agency to the effect.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate A Y Dave, passed
the order after CBI filed an application before him requesting
the court not to commit the fake encounter case to trial
The accused in the case include former Gujarat
Minister of State for Home Amit Shah, suspended IPS officers
D G Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandiyan, Dinesh M N and Abhay Chudasama
In its application, CBI stated that it wanted the
trial in the case to be conducted outside Gujarat and a
petition in this regard was pending with the Apex Court.
Besides, one more appeal against the anticipatory bail
granted to two accused Ajay Patel and Yashpal Chudasama was
pending with the Supreme Court.
Until these two applications are cleared by the SC,
the case should not be transfered to trial court, CBI prayed
in its application.
The Court taking on record CBI`s request, deferred the
transfer of case to trial court till the Central agency`s
pen ding applications were decided upon by the SC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter