Sohrab encounter case accused IPS drags Vanzara to
Ahmedabad: Special CBI court here has summoned the Sabarmati Central Jail authorities following a complaint against Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case accused and former Gujarat DIG DG Vanzara of bashing up his co-accused Rajkumar Pandian inside the jail.
Suspended IPS officer Rajkumar Pandian, who has been lodged in Sabarmati Central Jail since his arrest along with DG Vanzara in 2007, has filed a complaint before the special CBI court that on July 22 he was beaten up by Vanzara.
On July 26, when Pandian was produced before the court with other accused in the case, he orally complained to CBI Judge HS Khutwad about how despite repeatedly being beaten up by Vanzara, jail authorities neglected his complaints.
The judge asked him to file a written application about it and issued a notice to the jail superintendent. The judge kept further hearing of the case on August 9, 2012.
In his complaint Pandian has also alleged that Vanzara has been given special treatment in the jail and hence no complaints against him was entertained by authorities. He has also urged the court to register an FIR against Vanzara for beating him up on July 22.
In the past, Abdul Rehman Shaikh, who is also accused in Sohrabuddin encounter case, also complained about verbal abuse by Vanzara before jail authorities, following which authorities had changed his barrack.
Vanzara, Pandian, Dinesh MN and Abhay Chudasama are four IPS officers among the 17 accused behind bars in the encounter case.
Former minister of state of home Amit Shah, who was also arrested in the case has been granted bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa