Sohrab encounter case accused IPS drags Vanzara to
Ahmedabad: Special CBI court here has summoned the Sabarmati Central Jail authorities following a complaint against Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case accused and former Gujarat DIG DG Vanzara of bashing up his co-accused Rajkumar Pandian inside the jail.
Suspended IPS officer Rajkumar Pandian, who has been lodged in Sabarmati Central Jail since his arrest along with DG Vanzara in 2007, has filed a complaint before the special CBI court that on July 22 he was beaten up by Vanzara.
On July 26, when Pandian was produced before the court with other accused in the case, he orally complained to CBI Judge HS Khutwad about how despite repeatedly being beaten up by Vanzara, jail authorities neglected his complaints.
The judge asked him to file a written application about it and issued a notice to the jail superintendent. The judge kept further hearing of the case on August 9, 2012.
In his complaint Pandian has also alleged that Vanzara has been given special treatment in the jail and hence no complaints against him was entertained by authorities. He has also urged the court to register an FIR against Vanzara for beating him up on July 22.
In the past, Abdul Rehman Shaikh, who is also accused in Sohrabuddin encounter case, also complained about verbal abuse by Vanzara before jail authorities, following which authorities had changed his barrack.
Vanzara, Pandian, Dinesh MN and Abhay Chudasama are four IPS officers among the 17 accused behind bars in the encounter case.
Former minister of state of home Amit Shah, who was also arrested in the case has been granted bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday