Sohrab encounter case accused IPS drags Vanzara to
Ahmedabad: Special CBI court here has summoned the Sabarmati Central Jail authorities following a complaint against Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case accused and former Gujarat DIG DG Vanzara of bashing up his co-accused Rajkumar Pandian inside the jail.
Suspended IPS officer Rajkumar Pandian, who has been lodged in Sabarmati Central Jail since his arrest along with DG Vanzara in 2007, has filed a complaint before the special CBI court that on July 22 he was beaten up by Vanzara.
On July 26, when Pandian was produced before the court with other accused in the case, he orally complained to CBI Judge HS Khutwad about how despite repeatedly being beaten up by Vanzara, jail authorities neglected his complaints.
The judge asked him to file a written application about it and issued a notice to the jail superintendent. The judge kept further hearing of the case on August 9, 2012.
In his complaint Pandian has also alleged that Vanzara has been given special treatment in the jail and hence no complaints against him was entertained by authorities. He has also urged the court to register an FIR against Vanzara for beating him up on July 22.
In the past, Abdul Rehman Shaikh, who is also accused in Sohrabuddin encounter case, also complained about verbal abuse by Vanzara before jail authorities, following which authorities had changed his barrack.
Vanzara, Pandian, Dinesh MN and Abhay Chudasama are four IPS officers among the 17 accused behind bars in the encounter case.
Former minister of state of home Amit Shah, who was also arrested in the case has been granted bail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij