Sohrabuddin case: BJP uses sting CD to defend Shah
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday used a sting operation
by a news channel to defend former Gujarat home minister Amit
Shah in the Sohrabuddin encounter case, and claimed that the
CBI was being forced to press "politically motivated" and
"malafide" charges against him.
In the sting operation, conducted by a Hindi news
channel, Sohrabuddin`s brother Niyamuddin and one Azam Khan -
an alleged member of Sohrabuddin gang - are shown making
charges that CBI Investigating Officer DS Dagar had
arbitrarily added paragraphs to their statement to the agency.
The VCD of the sting, which was shown to the media at
the BJP headquarters here, claims that the firing at Popular
Builders premises was not done by the police at the behest of
Shah - as stated in the CBI chargesheet - but by Sohrabuddin
himself after its owners, Patel brothers, reneged on a promise
to pay him for a job.
"The shocking truth disclosed by the witnesses reaffirms
the stand of the party that the investigation of the
Sohrabuddin case is politically motivated, malafide and biased
for a defined extraneous political purpose," BJP Chief
spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
Prasad insisted that the CBI has arbitrarily added
paragraphs in the statements of witnesses to implicate Shah.
"The nation has known that the CBI team has verbatim
reproduced the earlier statements of the witnesses recorded by
the Gujarat police and have added some paragraphas on its own
implicating Shah as per the voluntary statement of Niyamuddin
in the sting operation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani