Sohrabuddin case: BJP uses sting CD to defend Shah
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday used a sting operation
by a news channel to defend former Gujarat home minister Amit
Shah in the Sohrabuddin encounter case, and claimed that the
CBI was being forced to press "politically motivated" and
"malafide" charges against him.
In the sting operation, conducted by a Hindi news
channel, Sohrabuddin`s brother Niyamuddin and one Azam Khan -
an alleged member of Sohrabuddin gang - are shown making
charges that CBI Investigating Officer DS Dagar had
arbitrarily added paragraphs to their statement to the agency.
The VCD of the sting, which was shown to the media at
the BJP headquarters here, claims that the firing at Popular
Builders premises was not done by the police at the behest of
Shah - as stated in the CBI chargesheet - but by Sohrabuddin
himself after its owners, Patel brothers, reneged on a promise
to pay him for a job.
"The shocking truth disclosed by the witnesses reaffirms
the stand of the party that the investigation of the
Sohrabuddin case is politically motivated, malafide and biased
for a defined extraneous political purpose," BJP Chief
spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
Prasad insisted that the CBI has arbitrarily added
paragraphs in the statements of witnesses to implicate Shah.
"The nation has known that the CBI team has verbatim
reproduced the earlier statements of the witnesses recorded by
the Gujarat police and have added some paragraphas on its own
implicating Shah as per the voluntary statement of Niyamuddin
in the sting operation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3