Sohrabuddin case: Builder bros reveal Shah’s role
New Delhi: The troubles are only growing for former Gujarat Minister Amit Shah, in judicial custody in connection with the 2005 Sohrabuddin Sheikh killing. Two brothers, prominent builders of Ahmedabad, have made some secret tapes which show Shah’s associates asking them to keep quiet and also reveal the nexus between the politician and state police in the fake encounter case.
Shown on TV channels today, the two brothers have submitted the tapes to CBI and the agency is depending on them as a vital piece of evidence.
Raman Patel and Dashrath Patel, promoters of Ahmedabad based Popular Builders, claim to have taped these conversations in March and April this year, after the CBI took over the investigation of the encounter of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and the killing of his wife Kausar Bi. The brothers claim to have carried out the sting operation to save themselves.
The tapes- made at various locations like the Ahmedabad District Cooperative Bank and the Jumboking Restaurant in Ahmedabad- show Yashpal Chudasama and Ajay Patel, associates of Amit Shah, telling the brothers to not cooperate with CBI.
“Shah wants you to be ready,” says Yashpal, director of the Ahmedabad District Cooperative Bank and a cousin of IPS officer Abhay Chudasama, who has been arrested by CBI for his alleged involvement in the fake encounter.
He goes on to say that when the CBI quizzes them, then the brothers should say that Shah is not involved in the case.
He is also heard saying that D G Vanzara, former Gujarat ATS chief now jailed in the case, burnt the body of Kausar Bi in 2005. The brothers say they paid a ransom of Rs 70 lakhs to Shah to save their skin.
The brothers also alleged that Vanzara had threatened and tortured them so that they did not spill the beans before the CBI. The brothers were being asked to frame Sohrabuddin in a firing accident that occurred in their office in 2004, to nail the latter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'