Sohrabuddin case: Builder bros reveal Shah’s role
New Delhi: The troubles are only growing for former Gujarat Minister Amit Shah, in judicial custody in connection with the 2005 Sohrabuddin Sheikh killing. Two brothers, prominent builders of Ahmedabad, have made some secret tapes which show Shah’s associates asking them to keep quiet and also reveal the nexus between the politician and state police in the fake encounter case.
Shown on TV channels today, the two brothers have submitted the tapes to CBI and the agency is depending on them as a vital piece of evidence.
Raman Patel and Dashrath Patel, promoters of Ahmedabad based Popular Builders, claim to have taped these conversations in March and April this year, after the CBI took over the investigation of the encounter of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and the killing of his wife Kausar Bi. The brothers claim to have carried out the sting operation to save themselves.
The tapes- made at various locations like the Ahmedabad District Cooperative Bank and the Jumboking Restaurant in Ahmedabad- show Yashpal Chudasama and Ajay Patel, associates of Amit Shah, telling the brothers to not cooperate with CBI.
“Shah wants you to be ready,” says Yashpal, director of the Ahmedabad District Cooperative Bank and a cousin of IPS officer Abhay Chudasama, who has been arrested by CBI for his alleged involvement in the fake encounter.
He goes on to say that when the CBI quizzes them, then the brothers should say that Shah is not involved in the case.
He is also heard saying that D G Vanzara, former Gujarat ATS chief now jailed in the case, burnt the body of Kausar Bi in 2005. The brothers say they paid a ransom of Rs 70 lakhs to Shah to save their skin.
The brothers also alleged that Vanzara had threatened and tortured them so that they did not spill the beans before the CBI. The brothers were being asked to frame Sohrabuddin in a firing accident that occurred in their office in 2004, to nail the latter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Five killed as house collapses in Andhra Pradesh
- Here’s why Lord Shiva is also known as Neelkantha
- Ravichandran Ashwin replaces Yashir Shah at the top of ICC bowler rankings
- Hubble peers into the core of a starburst galaxy – See pic!
- JuD medical team wants to visit Kashmir to treat injured, applies for Indian visa