Sohrabuddin case: CBI continues to quiz Amit Shah
Gandhinagar: Former Gujarat minister Amit Shah continued to be quizzed by CBI officials here on Sunday, a day after he was grilled for nine hours in connection with the 2005 killing of Sohrabuddin Sheikh in a staged shootout.
The former minister of state for home was at the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) office here in the morning for the final day of questioning. His two-day period of CBI remand ends Sunday night.
Though Shah has been lodged in Sabarmati jail after his arrest on July 25 and judicial remand thereafter, he spent Saturday night in the CBI lock-up in its regional office in Sector-10 here.
In the morning, he was brought to the CBI camp office in the old secretariat here for further questioning.
Sources in the CBI said the minister faced over 300 questions over the length of the day on Saturday. His lawyers, who were present, though at a visual distance, said they had no complaints in relation to the questioning.
According to the source, Shah has been less than cooperative in answering questions. On Saturday, he was in the custody of the CBI from almost 10 am to 8.30 pm. The questioning began around 10 am on Sunday again.
He has answered largely in monosyllables or at best with "I don`t remember".
The former minister has been asked searching questions about the orders he issued in relation to the transfer of key police officers who are now co-accused and his phone conversations - 32 times with Deputy Superintendent of Police NK Amin on the day Sohrabuddin`s wife Kauserbi is suspected to have been killed, the source said.
The Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has been accused of killing Sheikh in a staged shootout on November 26, 2005, in Ahmedabad. His wife Kauserbi is suspected to have been killed at a farm near here two days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’