Sohrabuddin case: CBI continues to quiz Amit Shah
Gandhinagar: Former Gujarat minister Amit Shah continued to be quizzed by CBI officials here on Sunday, a day after he was grilled for nine hours in connection with the 2005 killing of Sohrabuddin Sheikh in a staged shootout.
The former minister of state for home was at the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) office here in the morning for the final day of questioning. His two-day period of CBI remand ends Sunday night.
Though Shah has been lodged in Sabarmati jail after his arrest on July 25 and judicial remand thereafter, he spent Saturday night in the CBI lock-up in its regional office in Sector-10 here.
In the morning, he was brought to the CBI camp office in the old secretariat here for further questioning.
Sources in the CBI said the minister faced over 300 questions over the length of the day on Saturday. His lawyers, who were present, though at a visual distance, said they had no complaints in relation to the questioning.
According to the source, Shah has been less than cooperative in answering questions. On Saturday, he was in the custody of the CBI from almost 10 am to 8.30 pm. The questioning began around 10 am on Sunday again.
He has answered largely in monosyllables or at best with "I don`t remember".
The former minister has been asked searching questions about the orders he issued in relation to the transfer of key police officers who are now co-accused and his phone conversations - 32 times with Deputy Superintendent of Police NK Amin on the day Sohrabuddin`s wife Kauserbi is suspected to have been killed, the source said.
The Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has been accused of killing Sheikh in a staged shootout on November 26, 2005, in Ahmedabad. His wife Kauserbi is suspected to have been killed at a farm near here two days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what