Sohrabuddin case: CBI for checks on visitors to IPS officer
Ahmedabad: The CBI, probing the Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter case, today sought restrictions on
visitors for accused IPS officer Abhay Chudasma if he is
permitted by a court to undergo surgery in a private hospital.
Special CBI counsel D N Salvi told Judge G K Upadhyay
during the hearing on interim bail plea of Chudasma, that
allowing the IPS officer to meet other persons besides his
wife, child and doctors, would hamper investigations, which is
at a very crucial stage.
The counsel further said that CBI has proof that the IPS
officer had earlier tampered with evidence and pleaded that
he should not be allowed to meet anybody.
Salvi suggested that jail authorities be directed to
depute a special officer to supervise Chudasma during his stay
at the hospital.
During the last hearing, the court had asked prison
authorities if there was any provision in the jail manual that
could allow an accused to get operated upon in a hospital
without getting interim bail.
The prison authorities replied that there was a provision
for treatment under police custody in the jail manual which
could be made applicable in this case.
The court has reserved its order on Chudasma`s bail plea
for tomorrow. He is one of the four IPS officers arrested in
connection with the fake encounter of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and
alleged killing of his wife Kausar Bi in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state