Sohrabuddin case: CBI pits Tulsi against Jethmalani
New Delhi: Eminent criminal lawyer KTS Tulsi will appear for the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the 2005 Sohrabuddin Sheikh staged shootout case in which former Gujarat minister Amit Shah has been arrested, a government source said Thursday.
"The CBI decided to field Tulsi and an ASG (additional solicitor general) as noted lawyer Ram Jethmalani is providing legal assistance to Shah," said a government source on condition of anonymity.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s close aide Shah was arrested here Tuesday after he surfaced at a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) press conference in Gandhinagar. Shah, the former minister of state for home, has been charged with ordering the killing of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kausar-Bi.
The Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has been accused of killing Sheikh near Ahmedabad, on grounds that he was a Lashkar-e-Taiba operative, in a staged shootout Nov 26, 2005. His wife Kauser-Bi has also been missing since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states
- South Africa vs New Zealand - 2nd Test, Day 1 - Live cricket score, live streaming
- India, Pak should continue dialogue to address concerns: US
- Virtual peer pressure can also spark competition