Sohrabuddin case: CBI pits Tulsi against Jethmalani
New Delhi: Eminent criminal lawyer KTS Tulsi will appear for the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the 2005 Sohrabuddin Sheikh staged shootout case in which former Gujarat minister Amit Shah has been arrested, a government source said Thursday.
"The CBI decided to field Tulsi and an ASG (additional solicitor general) as noted lawyer Ram Jethmalani is providing legal assistance to Shah," said a government source on condition of anonymity.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s close aide Shah was arrested here Tuesday after he surfaced at a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) press conference in Gandhinagar. Shah, the former minister of state for home, has been charged with ordering the killing of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kausar-Bi.
The Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has been accused of killing Sheikh near Ahmedabad, on grounds that he was a Lashkar-e-Taiba operative, in a staged shootout Nov 26, 2005. His wife Kauser-Bi has also been missing since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015