Sohrabuddin case: CBI pits Tulsi against Jethmalani
New Delhi: Eminent criminal lawyer KTS Tulsi will appear for the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the 2005 Sohrabuddin Sheikh staged shootout case in which former Gujarat minister Amit Shah has been arrested, a government source said Thursday.
"The CBI decided to field Tulsi and an ASG (additional solicitor general) as noted lawyer Ram Jethmalani is providing legal assistance to Shah," said a government source on condition of anonymity.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s close aide Shah was arrested here Tuesday after he surfaced at a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) press conference in Gandhinagar. Shah, the former minister of state for home, has been charged with ordering the killing of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kausar-Bi.
The Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has been accused of killing Sheikh near Ahmedabad, on grounds that he was a Lashkar-e-Taiba operative, in a staged shootout Nov 26, 2005. His wife Kauser-Bi has also been missing since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you