Sohrabuddin case: CBI summons two former heads of state CID
Ahmedabad: CBI has summoned two retired IPS officers, who had at one point of time headed the probe into the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case as chiefs of state CID, and questioned one of them.
GC Raigar and OP Mathur, who have already been questioned earlier by the CBI in connection with the fake encounter of Sohrabuddin and killing of his wife Kausarbi in November 2005, have been called for further questioning, sources in the CBI said today.
Raigar is being questioned at Gandhinagar, they said.
Mathur is presently head of Raksha Shakti University recently set up by the state government.
The two retired IPS officers were heading the state CID which had earlier investigated the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case before the probe was transfered to the CBI by the Supreme Court in January this year.
Both the former cops were questioned by the CBI in May this year.
CBI yesterday arrested former Gujarat minister of state for home Amit Shah on the charges of criminal conspiracy, murder, kidnapping and extortion.
The central agency, after taking over the investigation in the case, has also arrested IPS officer Abhay Chudasama, a key conspirator in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SBI associates' staff will not be affected by merger: Arun Jaitley
- New study to explore sexual differences in social stress
- Barcelona starlet Alen Halilovic leaves club to join Bundesliga side Hamburg
- I-T dept detects Rs 22K crore undisclosed income in 2 years: FM Jaitley
- Hair-raising video: Pitbull goes wild, attacks people on a busy Chinese street - Must watch