Sohrabuddin case: Guj HC issues notices to two accused cops
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court on Tuesday
issued notices to two cops who are accused in the 2005
Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case while hearing an appeal
by CBI against a lower court order that did not allow it to
take voice samples of the two accused.
The Central agency probing the fake encounter case had
sought permission to collect voice samples of two accused,
suspended IPS officer Abhay Chudasama and sub-inspector NV
Chauhan, to compare it with audio-video evidence.
Justice Anant Dave, while hearing the CBI plea on Tuesday
issued notices to the two accused asking them to respond to
the CBI plea and file their reply by February 22 when the next
hearing is scheduled.
CBI lawyer Y N Ravani submitted that the voice sample
is required as part of evidence gathering exercise.
Last month, CBI sessions court judge G K Upadhyay
had disallowed the CBI from collecting voice samples of the
duo. The order was passed while hearing appeals by Chudasama
and Chauhan, against a magisterial court`s order of October
last allowing CBI to collect their voice samples.
CBI wanted the voice samples of Chudasama, Chauhan and
N K Amin to verify the voices with some audio-video evidence
that it had. Amin, who wants to become an approver in the case
had already given voice sample for verification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi