Sohrabuddin case: SC asks CBI counsel to withdraw
New Delhi: In a big embarrassment to the
CBI, the Supreme Court on Tuesday asked its senior counsel K T S
Tulsi to withdraw from the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case
as he had earlier appeared for the Gujarat Government.
"To be very honest with you, I do not think it is
proper for you to appear in the case. You are a very senior
member of the Bar. State government might not have objected on
your appearance but it is not proper for you," a bench of
Justices Aftab Alam and R M Lodha said.
Tulsi, who has been appearing for the investigating
agency in various courts in the fake encounter case,
immediately agreed and withdrew himself from the case.
"Some alternate arrangement would soon be made," he
Tulsi was earlier defending the Gujarat government in
the fake encounter case but withdrew from the matter after
the Gujarat Chief Minister justified the killing of
Sohrabuddin Sheikh., an LeT operative.
The investigating agency then roped him in to fight
the legal battle against the state government and its former
Home Minister Amit Shah who is alleged to be the "kingpin" of
the conspiracy leading to the fake encounter of Sohrabuddin
Sheikh in November 2005 and killing of two key witnesses,
Soharabuddin`s wife Kausarbi and his close aide Tulsiram
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash