Sohrabuddin encounter: Brother wants further probe
Ahmedabad: The brother of Sohrabuddin Sheikh
has sought further probe in the fake encounter case by the CBI
in the light of allegations made by IPS officer Rajnish Rai in
his affidavit before the Central Administrative Tribunal
earlier this year.
"I request the Investigating Officer to carry out further
investigation into allegations of offences disclosed by
Rajnish Rai in the affidavit... as well as on the issue of
telephone call records," Rubabuddin`s application to CBI says.
He claims that CBI has not recorded Rai`s statement,
despite being the first investigating officer of the
Sohrabuddin was killed in an alleged fake encounter in
November 2005, and it was followed by the killing of two key
witnesses to the incident, his wife Kausarbi and his close
aide Tulsiram Prajapati.
In the affidavit before CAT, Rai has alleged that the
conduct of former DGP P C Pande delayed preliminary enquiry
and registration of an FIR in the fake encounter case.
Rai also alleges that Pande`s conduct established his
culpability in the conspiracy to kill Prajapati, destruction
of evidence in the case, and causing obstruction to the
investigation of the case by abusing his office.
Rai claims that Pande and former ADGP (state CID) O P
Mathur wanted to delink the Sohrabuddin and Prajapati
encounter cases, as otherwise the gravity of the offence would
have increased enormously.
He has also alleged that Pande hid the truth from the
Supreme Court which was supervising the Sohrabuddin case, by
deleting the facts which were uncomfortable for him or for the
State, from the action taken reports.
Rai approached the CAT in April challenging the `average`
grading and `adverse` remarks in his annual confidential
report for the period between April 1, 2007 to August 22,
2007, when he was investigating officer in the Sohrabuddin
Rai has linked the adverse remarks by P C Pande to
actions taken in connection with the 2005 fake encounter case
wherein he (Rai) had arrested three IPS officers -- D G
Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandiyan and Dinesh M N.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Arvind Kejriwal says Modi declaring emergency in Delhi after AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya's arrest in assault case
- Why was Pulkit Samrat miffed with paparazzi? – Know here
- Heavy rainfall forecast in Karnataka as monsoon advances
- Germany says 'won`t let anyone take Europe from us'
- High-tech scans can spare cancer patients from intensive chemotherapy: Study