Sohrabuddin encounter: Brother wants further probe
Ahmedabad: The brother of Sohrabuddin Sheikh
has sought further probe in the fake encounter case by the CBI
in the light of allegations made by IPS officer Rajnish Rai in
his affidavit before the Central Administrative Tribunal
earlier this year.
"I request the Investigating Officer to carry out further
investigation into allegations of offences disclosed by
Rajnish Rai in the affidavit... as well as on the issue of
telephone call records," Rubabuddin`s application to CBI says.
He claims that CBI has not recorded Rai`s statement,
despite being the first investigating officer of the
Sohrabuddin was killed in an alleged fake encounter in
November 2005, and it was followed by the killing of two key
witnesses to the incident, his wife Kausarbi and his close
aide Tulsiram Prajapati.
In the affidavit before CAT, Rai has alleged that the
conduct of former DGP P C Pande delayed preliminary enquiry
and registration of an FIR in the fake encounter case.
Rai also alleges that Pande`s conduct established his
culpability in the conspiracy to kill Prajapati, destruction
of evidence in the case, and causing obstruction to the
investigation of the case by abusing his office.
Rai claims that Pande and former ADGP (state CID) O P
Mathur wanted to delink the Sohrabuddin and Prajapati
encounter cases, as otherwise the gravity of the offence would
have increased enormously.
He has also alleged that Pande hid the truth from the
Supreme Court which was supervising the Sohrabuddin case, by
deleting the facts which were uncomfortable for him or for the
State, from the action taken reports.
Rai approached the CAT in April challenging the `average`
grading and `adverse` remarks in his annual confidential
report for the period between April 1, 2007 to August 22,
2007, when he was investigating officer in the Sohrabuddin
Rai has linked the adverse remarks by P C Pande to
actions taken in connection with the 2005 fake encounter case
wherein he (Rai) had arrested three IPS officers -- D G
Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandiyan and Dinesh M N.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know