Sohrabuddin encounter: Brother wants further probe
Ahmedabad: Sohrabuddin Shaikh`s brother, Rubabbudin, has sought further probe in the fake encounter case by the CBI, in the light of allegations made by IPS officer Rajnish Rai in his affidavit before the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) earlier this year.
"I request the Investigating Officer to carry out further investigation into allegations of offences disclosed by Rajnish Rai in the affidavit... as well as on the issue of telephone call records," Rubabuddin`s application to CBI says.
He claims that CBI, the investigating agency, has not recorded Rai`s statement, despite Rai being the first investigating officer of Sohrabuddin case.
Sohrabuddin Sheikh was killed in a fake encounter in November 2005, and it was followed by killing of two key witnesses to the incident, Soharabuddin`s wife Kausarbi and his close aide Tulsiram Prajapati.
In the affidavit before CAT, Rai has alleged that the conduct of former DGP P C Pande delayed preliminary enquiry and registration of an FIR in the fake encounter case.
Rai also alleges that Pande`s conduct established his culpability in the conspiracy to kill Prajapati, destruction of evidence in the case, and causing obstruction to the investigation of the case by abusing his office.
Rai claims that Pande and former ADGP - state CID, O P Mathur, wanted to delink the Sohrabuddin and Prajapati encounter cases, as otherwise the gravity of the offence would have increased enormously.
He has also alleged that Pande hid the truth from the Supreme Court which was supervising the Sohrabuddin case, by deleting the facts which were uncomfortable for him or for the State, from the ATRs (Action Taken Reports).
Rai approached the CAT in April challenging the `average` grading and `adverse` remarks in his Annual Confidential Report (ACR) for the period between April 1, 2007 to August 22, 2007, when he was investigating officer in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh case.
Rai has linked the adverse remarks by PC Pande to actions taken in connection with the 2005 fake encounter case wherein he (Rai) had arrested three IPS officers: D G Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandiyan and Dinesh M N.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease - PartII
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain
- Chopper deal: I blacklisted AgustaWestland, not UPA, says Arun Jaitley
- Israeli jets carry out raids on Gaza: Palestinian Ministry