Sohrabuddin encounter: Brother wants further probe
Ahmedabad: Sohrabuddin Shaikh`s brother, Rubabbudin, has sought further probe in the fake encounter case by the CBI, in the light of allegations made by IPS officer Rajnish Rai in his affidavit before the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) earlier this year.
"I request the Investigating Officer to carry out further investigation into allegations of offences disclosed by Rajnish Rai in the affidavit... as well as on the issue of telephone call records," Rubabuddin`s application to CBI says.
He claims that CBI, the investigating agency, has not recorded Rai`s statement, despite Rai being the first investigating officer of Sohrabuddin case.
Sohrabuddin Sheikh was killed in a fake encounter in November 2005, and it was followed by killing of two key witnesses to the incident, Soharabuddin`s wife Kausarbi and his close aide Tulsiram Prajapati.
In the affidavit before CAT, Rai has alleged that the conduct of former DGP P C Pande delayed preliminary enquiry and registration of an FIR in the fake encounter case.
Rai also alleges that Pande`s conduct established his culpability in the conspiracy to kill Prajapati, destruction of evidence in the case, and causing obstruction to the investigation of the case by abusing his office.
Rai claims that Pande and former ADGP - state CID, O P Mathur, wanted to delink the Sohrabuddin and Prajapati encounter cases, as otherwise the gravity of the offence would have increased enormously.
He has also alleged that Pande hid the truth from the Supreme Court which was supervising the Sohrabuddin case, by deleting the facts which were uncomfortable for him or for the State, from the ATRs (Action Taken Reports).
Rai approached the CAT in April challenging the `average` grading and `adverse` remarks in his Annual Confidential Report (ACR) for the period between April 1, 2007 to August 22, 2007, when he was investigating officer in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh case.
Rai has linked the adverse remarks by PC Pande to actions taken in connection with the 2005 fake encounter case wherein he (Rai) had arrested three IPS officers: D G Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandiyan and Dinesh M N.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi