Solution to global warming, terrorism lies in Indian spirituality: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Hailing Indian spirituality for having solution to problems such as global warming and terrorism, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the world was yet to realise its full potential.
"The world has accepted the power of our youth in information technology, but it has yet to realise India`s power of spirituality. Solutions to so many global problems such as global warming lie in the path shown by our saints, through our spirituality," he said.
Modi said this at the closing ceremony of the 60th Youth Anniversary celebrations of the Aksharpurshottam Swaminarayan Sanstha here today.
"At present, humankind is struggling to thwart the environmental crisis created because of global warming. Who has the capacity to show a way out of it? Our country is the place on earth where our saints had given the status of `mother` to nature," he said.
"As soon as the world realises the message of our saints and spiritual leaders, it will find solutions to all crises," he said and added that, "in the philosophy of `Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam` lies the answer to terrorism".
The grand finale of Bochasanwasi Shri Aksharpurushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha`s 60th anniversary celebrations was held at the Sardar Patel Stadium here where more than 25,000 youth from all over India, USA, Canada, UK, East Africa, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Dubai had assembled.
Pramukh Swami Maharaj, who is not in good health, blessed the gathering through his video message and congratulated them for "upholding satsang and service to parents as well as country".
The celebrations was themed on six values portrayed through colourful dances, dramas, parades and more than 1,600 children and youth performed on stage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video