`Some people attempting to disturb peace in Guj`
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi on Sunday said a handful of people involved in Gujarat
bashing are making futile attempts to disturb peace and unity
in the state.
"There might be only five or 25 anti-Gujarat elements
trying in vain all tricks of the trade and mischief to create
hatred afresh between people," he said on the eve of the 10th
anniversary of the Godhra train carnage tomorrow.
Throwing a challenge to such "disturbing" elements, Modi
said they would not succeed in their sinister designs as the
state has a strong foundation of brotherhood and peace.
"This foundation has resulted in the state gathering
inherent strength to attain new heights of development," he
Earlier, Modi inaugurated the new Central Jail in Surat.
Describing the new jail as amongst the country`s most
hi-tech ones, he said it would combine technology with
humanity, when it comes to reform of the inmates.
Modi also invited the Human Rights Commission to study
the hi-tech system put in place.
The Central Jail, constructed at an estimated cost of
around Rs 56 crore at Lajpore, can accommodate over 2,700
prisoners, officials said.
It is the first of its kind jail in the state to have
been equipped with a video surveillance facility, amongst
others, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons