`Some people attempting to disturb peace in Guj`
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi on Sunday said a handful of people involved in Gujarat
bashing are making futile attempts to disturb peace and unity
in the state.
"There might be only five or 25 anti-Gujarat elements
trying in vain all tricks of the trade and mischief to create
hatred afresh between people," he said on the eve of the 10th
anniversary of the Godhra train carnage tomorrow.
Throwing a challenge to such "disturbing" elements, Modi
said they would not succeed in their sinister designs as the
state has a strong foundation of brotherhood and peace.
"This foundation has resulted in the state gathering
inherent strength to attain new heights of development," he
Earlier, Modi inaugurated the new Central Jail in Surat.
Describing the new jail as amongst the country`s most
hi-tech ones, he said it would combine technology with
humanity, when it comes to reform of the inmates.
Modi also invited the Human Rights Commission to study
the hi-tech system put in place.
The Central Jail, constructed at an estimated cost of
around Rs 56 crore at Lajpore, can accommodate over 2,700
prisoners, officials said.
It is the first of its kind jail in the state to have
been equipped with a video surveillance facility, amongst
others, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media