Sonia aide gives pep talk to Gujarat Cong ahead of polls
Ahmedabad: Senior Congress leader Ahmed Patel on Tuesday asked party workers in Gujarat to gear up for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls and advised them not to get bogged down by electoral setbacks.
Victory and defeat are part of electoral politics and party workers must prepare themselves for next year`s Parliamentary polls without getting depressed by setbacks, he said at a state Congress gathering here.
Patel, Political Secretary to Congress president Sonia Gandhi, expressed confidence that his party will emerge a winner in the polls.
"Parties face victory and defeat, but we need not get influenced by them too much. It is the responsibility of leaders and workers to raise people-centric issues and take them forward."
Patel was addressing Gujarat Congress` extended Executive Committee meeting which was attended by officer-bearers from taluka (block) to State level.
The meet took stock of the party affairs in Gujarat, where Congress lost Assembly elections in December last year, and mulled on strategies for the upcoming big poll fight.
"The UPA Government at the Centre has implemented many schemes which are people-oriented. They need to be taken to the last man and party workers should be the medium to do that," Patel said.
He said party leaders like Sonia and Rahul Gandhi are working hard for the elections due in a few months. "The organisation plays a key role in winning elections. We should work to strengthen the organisation."
"Our opponents are spreading lies and we should gear up to face and expose them by using all the available mediums, including the social media.
"I am confident Congress will emerge a winner in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls," Patel said.
The meeting also passed a resolution congratulating Sonia, Rahul and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for ensuring passage of Lokpal Bill in the just-concluded winter session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt