Sonia has no guts even to advice Congress-ruled states: Modi
Banaskantha: Targeting Congress president Sonia Gandhi over the rape of a dalit girl in Haryana, Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said that she did not have guts even to advice Congress-ruled states over safety of dalits.
"In Haryana every day there is one incident of rape..., and a Dalit girl who was gang-raped, immolated herself.
"Soniaji you dont have guts even to advise your Congress governments including the one in Haryana, where Dalits are being tortured, Dalit girls are being raped..," Modi said.
"...And when you came to Rajkot, you dared to malign the state of Gujarat. How can you advise Gujarat?" Modi asked.
Modi was responding to Sonia`s charge in Rajkot last week that Dalits were suffering in Gujarat and `showered` with bullets when they demanded their rights.
Sonia Gandhi today visited the family of a Dalit girl who had immolated herself after being allegedly gang-raped at Jind in Haryana.
Modi addressed rallies at various places in Banaskanta district today under the banner of Vivekananda Yuva Vikas Yatra, which is in the last leg and will end on October 11 at Pavagadh.
Modi also criticised Congress for not fulfilling the poll promise that it would provide jobs to one crore youths if it came to power.
"Has anyone from Banaskantha got a job which was promised by the UPA government? If nobody has got a job, then this is cheating and people should not forgive cheaters," Modi said.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Vedanta posts Q4 loss of Rs 11,181 crore on impairment charge
- RBI proposes to regulate peer-to-peer lending sector
- Mamta Kulkarni's husband involved in country's biggest drug seizure?
- US economy expands 0.5% in Q1, slowest in two years
- MUST WATCH: What Indian Muslims said when they were asked to say 'Vande Matram', 'Bharat Mata ki Jai'