Sonia has no guts even to advice Congress-ruled states: Modi
Banaskantha: Targeting Congress president Sonia Gandhi over the rape of a dalit girl in Haryana, Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said that she did not have guts even to advice Congress-ruled states over safety of dalits.
"In Haryana every day there is one incident of rape..., and a Dalit girl who was gang-raped, immolated herself.
"Soniaji you dont have guts even to advise your Congress governments including the one in Haryana, where Dalits are being tortured, Dalit girls are being raped..," Modi said.
"...And when you came to Rajkot, you dared to malign the state of Gujarat. How can you advise Gujarat?" Modi asked.
Modi was responding to Sonia`s charge in Rajkot last week that Dalits were suffering in Gujarat and `showered` with bullets when they demanded their rights.
Sonia Gandhi today visited the family of a Dalit girl who had immolated herself after being allegedly gang-raped at Jind in Haryana.
Modi addressed rallies at various places in Banaskanta district today under the banner of Vivekananda Yuva Vikas Yatra, which is in the last leg and will end on October 11 at Pavagadh.
Modi also criticised Congress for not fulfilling the poll promise that it would provide jobs to one crore youths if it came to power.
"Has anyone from Banaskantha got a job which was promised by the UPA government? If nobody has got a job, then this is cheating and people should not forgive cheaters," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- West Indies vs India: 2nd T20I — As it happened...
- Shocking! China man jumps underneath moving truck in dramatic video – Watch what happens next
- Islam doesn't allow women to visit graves, Haji Ali Dargah is one of them: Chairman
- Davis Cup: India to host Spain under flood-lights
- India, US eye bilateral trade worth $500 billion: Report