Sonia has no guts even to advice Congress-ruled states: Modi
Banaskantha: Targeting Congress president Sonia Gandhi over the rape of a dalit girl in Haryana, Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said that she did not have guts even to advice Congress-ruled states over safety of dalits.
"In Haryana every day there is one incident of rape..., and a Dalit girl who was gang-raped, immolated herself.
"Soniaji you dont have guts even to advise your Congress governments including the one in Haryana, where Dalits are being tortured, Dalit girls are being raped..," Modi said.
"...And when you came to Rajkot, you dared to malign the state of Gujarat. How can you advise Gujarat?" Modi asked.
Modi was responding to Sonia`s charge in Rajkot last week that Dalits were suffering in Gujarat and `showered` with bullets when they demanded their rights.
Sonia Gandhi today visited the family of a Dalit girl who had immolated herself after being allegedly gang-raped at Jind in Haryana.
Modi addressed rallies at various places in Banaskanta district today under the banner of Vivekananda Yuva Vikas Yatra, which is in the last leg and will end on October 11 at Pavagadh.
Modi also criticised Congress for not fulfilling the poll promise that it would provide jobs to one crore youths if it came to power.
"Has anyone from Banaskantha got a job which was promised by the UPA government? If nobody has got a job, then this is cheating and people should not forgive cheaters," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow