Sops for Gujarat govt employees ahead of Diwali
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi, who completes 10 years in office tomorrow, today
announced a slew of sops which included a Rs 2,250-crore
package for the State Government employees and new recruitment
for 50,000 posts.
The BJP stalwart, who took over the top post on
October 7, 2001 is the longest serving Chief Minister of
On the eve of completing a decade in office, Modi
announced that 4.54 lakh state employees and 3.47 lakh
pensioners will get their third installment of arrears, on
account of change in salaries as per the 6th Pay Commission,
in cash instead of the amount being deposited in their
respective Government Provident Fund (GPF).
Modi said dearness allowance (DA) of State Government
employees and pensioners would be increased by 7 per cent,
equivalent to that of the Central Government employees. The
hike in DA would be payable with effect from July 2011.
According to Modi, of Rs Rs 2250-crore package, a sum
of Rs 1,377 crore would be disbursed among the over eight lakh
state employees and pensioners as payment of third installment
Another Rs 873 crore would be spent towards increase
in DA, said the Chief Minister, who faces Assembly polls in
late 2012. Modi further said 50,000 persons would get
Government jobs by end of the current financial year.
He also announced hike in salaries, ranging from
Rs 800 to Rs 4,400, of over one lakh contractual Government
employees on fixed pay which include assistant teachers, Lok
Rakshak Dal members and administrative assistants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price