Stones pelted at Kejriwal`s rally in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: Protesters shouting slogans in support of Chief Minister Narendra Modi threw stones at a rally addressed by AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal here on Saturday evening.
As the protesters tried to disrupt the rally at Vijay Chowk, the former Delhi Chief Minister invited them to the stage to discuss claims of development in Gujarat but they chose to leave.
"Do not disturb them (protesters), they are from us only. In a democratic setup, they have the right to protest," Kejriwal told the police. While AAP leader Gopal Ray was speaking at the rally around 50 protesters started shouting `Modi - Modi` as the AAP rally started. Police tried to move them away.
Sanjay Singh, national spokesperson of AAP, asked the slogan-shouters to stay quiet and asked the police not to make them leave.
But again, when Kejriwal said that "for the last one year a propaganda is being made that if you want to save this country from the UPA`s corruption, then Modi is the only option", the protesters started shouting slogans, and also hurled stones in the direction of the stage.
Responding to this, Kejriwal said: "One of you can come on the stage and talk with me about the development claims of Modi."
The protesters, however, did not take up the offer and soon disappeared from the venue.
Earlier, some of the protesters burnt Kejriwal`s effigy at the venue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information