Stop talking about private life of others: Guj Cong to Modi
Ahmedabad: Criticising Narendra Modi for his controversial remark on Union Minister Shashi Tharoor`s wife, Congress in Gujarat Monday said the Chief Minister should stop talking about the private life of public figures.
"Modi should stop talking about the private life of others...," Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia said while addressing a rally here.
Several other state Congress leaders, including Chairman of Campaign Committee Shankarsinh Vaghela, Leader of Opposition Shaktisinh Gohil and former deputy Chief Minister Narhari Amin were also present at the rally.
"This CM is so obsessed with self-publicity at the cost of people`s money that he didn`t even miss a chance to seek attention when he visited Bihar for a funeral (of former Gujarat Governor and BJP veteran Kailashpati Mishra)," Vaghela said.
"Congress has promised to provide houses to all housewives if it came to power. They should now ask male members of their families to vote for Congress," Modhwadia said.
Gohil slammed the Modi government for allotting what he claimed 3.33 lakh hectares of grazing land to a few industrialists, leading to shortage of fodder for cattle.
"On December 20 (poll result day), all of us will be celebrating second Diwali," he said.
Speaking on the occasion, AICC general secretary Ashok Tanvar appreciated the pre-poll promises made by Congress under its Gujarat People Development Vision 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened