Stop talking about private life of others: Guj Cong to Modi
Ahmedabad: Criticising Narendra Modi for his controversial remark on Union Minister Shashi Tharoor`s wife, Congress in Gujarat Monday said the Chief Minister should stop talking about the private life of public figures.
"Modi should stop talking about the private life of others...," Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia said while addressing a rally here.
Several other state Congress leaders, including Chairman of Campaign Committee Shankarsinh Vaghela, Leader of Opposition Shaktisinh Gohil and former deputy Chief Minister Narhari Amin were also present at the rally.
"This CM is so obsessed with self-publicity at the cost of people`s money that he didn`t even miss a chance to seek attention when he visited Bihar for a funeral (of former Gujarat Governor and BJP veteran Kailashpati Mishra)," Vaghela said.
"Congress has promised to provide houses to all housewives if it came to power. They should now ask male members of their families to vote for Congress," Modhwadia said.
Gohil slammed the Modi government for allotting what he claimed 3.33 lakh hectares of grazing land to a few industrialists, leading to shortage of fodder for cattle.
"On December 20 (poll result day), all of us will be celebrating second Diwali," he said.
Speaking on the occasion, AICC general secretary Ashok Tanvar appreciated the pre-poll promises made by Congress under its Gujarat People Development Vision 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen