Surat case: Narayan Sai remanded in 14-day judicial custody
Surat: Self-styled godman Asaram`s son Narayan Sai was on Thursday remanded in 14-day judicial custody by a local court in a rape case filed against him by one of the two Surat-based sisters.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Jatin Thakkar sent Sai to judicial custody till January 2 after his remand, which was granted yesterday, ended this afternoon.
Police had yesterday sought Sai`s custody to question him about 21 SIM cards recovered during the course of the probe.
The police also wanted to find out the source of Rs 5 crore recovered from Sai`s aides.
The police had detained six persons, including a police sub-inspector, in connection with an alleged conspiracy to bribe cops, doctors and judicial officers to weaken the case against Sai.
Sai and two of his aides were arrested by the Delhi Police on December 4 from the Delhi-Haryana border. His two aides have already been remanded in judicial custody.
Two Surat-based sisters had accused Sai and his father Asaram of rape. The elder sister had levelled allegations against Asaram, while the younger sister had charged Narayan Sai of sexually assaulting her.
Asaram (72) is currently in a Jodhpur jail after being arrested in September for alleged sexual assault of a minor girl at his ashram there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon