Suspected ISI agent Idrish Pinjara brought to Ahme
Ahmedabad: The Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) Tuesday brought the third suspected Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agent Idrish Pinjara (33) to the city from Jamnagar and arrested him, a police official said.
Earlier, the DCB had arrested Sirajuddin Ali Fakir and Mohammad Ayub, both residents of Jamalpur, from here on October 14 for allegedly passing on confidential information related to the Indian Army to the ISI.
After being remanded in police custody for eight days, a magisterial court today sent the duo to judicial custody.
DCB Assistant Commissioner of Police Nirlipt Rai told reporters, "During interrogation, Sirajuddin revealed that Pakistan-based Tahir informed him that Idrish Pinjara, based in Jamnagar, is an ISI agent and sent better information than him (Sirajuddin)".
DCB had nabbed Idrish on Sunday from Jamnagar and brought
him to the city today for further interrogation. He used to work as a security officer at Jamnagar Municipal Corporation, police said.
Idrish`s elder brother Aslam had gone to Pakistan a decade
back and settled there after marrying a Pakistani girl, police said, adding, that despite having a visa for only fifteen days, he overstayed in that country.
Aslam was in India for the last three years and left for
Pakistan early this month with his mother and sister, adding that, his role as an ISI agent cannot be ruled out.
Idrish allegedly used to pass on information using a phone, police said, adding that the nature and quantity of information supplied is yet to be known.
Allegedly, Idrish used to receive money for supplying information and some of these transactions were routed through Saudi Arabia, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs