Suspected ISI agent Idrish Pinjara brought to Ahme
Ahmedabad: The Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) Tuesday brought the third suspected Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agent Idrish Pinjara (33) to the city from Jamnagar and arrested him, a police official said.
Earlier, the DCB had arrested Sirajuddin Ali Fakir and Mohammad Ayub, both residents of Jamalpur, from here on October 14 for allegedly passing on confidential information related to the Indian Army to the ISI.
After being remanded in police custody for eight days, a magisterial court today sent the duo to judicial custody.
DCB Assistant Commissioner of Police Nirlipt Rai told reporters, "During interrogation, Sirajuddin revealed that Pakistan-based Tahir informed him that Idrish Pinjara, based in Jamnagar, is an ISI agent and sent better information than him (Sirajuddin)".
DCB had nabbed Idrish on Sunday from Jamnagar and brought
him to the city today for further interrogation. He used to work as a security officer at Jamnagar Municipal Corporation, police said.
Idrish`s elder brother Aslam had gone to Pakistan a decade
back and settled there after marrying a Pakistani girl, police said, adding, that despite having a visa for only fifteen days, he overstayed in that country.
Aslam was in India for the last three years and left for
Pakistan early this month with his mother and sister, adding that, his role as an ISI agent cannot be ruled out.
Idrish allegedly used to pass on information using a phone, police said, adding that the nature and quantity of information supplied is yet to be known.
Allegedly, Idrish used to receive money for supplying information and some of these transactions were routed through Saudi Arabia, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM