Suspected ISI agent Idrish Pinjara brought to Ahme
Ahmedabad: The Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) Tuesday brought the third suspected Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agent Idrish Pinjara (33) to the city from Jamnagar and arrested him, a police official said.
Earlier, the DCB had arrested Sirajuddin Ali Fakir and Mohammad Ayub, both residents of Jamalpur, from here on October 14 for allegedly passing on confidential information related to the Indian Army to the ISI.
After being remanded in police custody for eight days, a magisterial court today sent the duo to judicial custody.
DCB Assistant Commissioner of Police Nirlipt Rai told reporters, "During interrogation, Sirajuddin revealed that Pakistan-based Tahir informed him that Idrish Pinjara, based in Jamnagar, is an ISI agent and sent better information than him (Sirajuddin)".
DCB had nabbed Idrish on Sunday from Jamnagar and brought
him to the city today for further interrogation. He used to work as a security officer at Jamnagar Municipal Corporation, police said.
Idrish`s elder brother Aslam had gone to Pakistan a decade
back and settled there after marrying a Pakistani girl, police said, adding, that despite having a visa for only fifteen days, he overstayed in that country.
Aslam was in India for the last three years and left for
Pakistan early this month with his mother and sister, adding that, his role as an ISI agent cannot be ruled out.
Idrish allegedly used to pass on information using a phone, police said, adding that the nature and quantity of information supplied is yet to be known.
Allegedly, Idrish used to receive money for supplying information and some of these transactions were routed through Saudi Arabia, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves