Suspected ISI agent Idrish Pinjara brought to city
Ahmedabad: The Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) on Tuesday brought the third suspected Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agent Idrish Pinjara (33) to the city from Jamnagar and arrested him, a police official said.
Earlier, the DCB had arrested Sirajuddin Ali Fakir and Mohammad Ayub, both residents of Jamalpur, from here on October 14 for allegedly passing on confidential information related to the Indian Army to the ISI.
After being remanded in police custody for eight days, a magisterial court today sent the duo to judicial custody.
DCB Assistant Commissioner of Police Nirlipt Rai told reporters, "During interrogation, Sirajuddin revealed that Pakistan-based Tahir informed him that Idrish Pinjara, based in Jamnagar, is an ISI agent and sent better information than him (Sirajuddin)".
DCB had nabbed Idrish on Sunday from Jamnagar and brought him to the city today for further interrogation. He used to work as a security officer at Jamnagar Municipal Corporation, police said.
Idrish`s elder brother Aslam had gone to Pakistan a decade back and settled there after marrying a Pakistani girl, police said, adding, that despite having a visa for only fifteen days, he overstayed in that country.
Aslam was in India for the last three years and left for Pakistan early this month with his mother and sister, adding that, his role as an ISI agent cannot be ruled out.
Idrish allegedly used to pass on information using a phone, police said, adding that the nature and quantity of information supplied is yet to be known.
Allegedly, Idrish used to receive money for supplying information and some of these transactions were routed through Saudi Arabia, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal