Suspended IPS officer D G Vanzara admitted in hospital
Ahmedabad: Suspended IPS officer D G Vanzara, an accused in a string of fake encounter killing cases, was on Saturday admitted in hospital here after he complained of chest pain.
Vanzara was admitted to U N Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research Centre here in the morning, according to a source in the hospital.
Vanzara is an accused in the cases relating to alleged fake encounter killing of Soharabuddin Sheikh, Tulsi Prajapati and college student Ishrat Jahan.
After spending nearly seven months at Navi Mumbai`s Taloja jail in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter killing case, Vanzara was recently shifted to Sabarmati Central Jail in Ahmedabad in connection with Ishrat fake encounter case.
Besides Vanzara, senior Gujarat police officers Girish Singhal, J G Parmar, Tarun Barot, Bharat Patel, Anaju Chaudhary and N K Amin have been arrested by CBI in connection with the encounter killing of teenage girl Ishrat, her friend Javed Sheikh, alias Pranesh Pillai, and two alleged Pakistani nationals Jeeshan Johar and Amjad Ali Rana.
The four were gunned down on June 15, 2004 allegedly in a staged encounter on the outskirts of the city by Ahmedabad police on the suspicion that they were on a mission to kill Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi.
CBI is expected to file its chargesheet in the case by July 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pink auto introduced in Ghaziabad specifically for women
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Future of cinema is internet movies, says Kangana Ranaut
- Campus violence: AMU expels 11 students, suspends 17 others
- Mandy Moore, Ryan Adams officially divorced
- Subramanian Swamy – Interesting facts about the firebrand politician
- What happened when Deepika Padukone met a boy who was disappointed over results! – Details inside