Suspended IPS officer D G Vanzara admitted in hospital
Ahmedabad: Suspended IPS officer D G Vanzara, an accused in a string of fake encounter killing cases, was on Saturday admitted in hospital here after he complained of chest pain.
Vanzara was admitted to U N Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research Centre here in the morning, according to a source in the hospital.
Vanzara is an accused in the cases relating to alleged fake encounter killing of Soharabuddin Sheikh, Tulsi Prajapati and college student Ishrat Jahan.
After spending nearly seven months at Navi Mumbai`s Taloja jail in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter killing case, Vanzara was recently shifted to Sabarmati Central Jail in Ahmedabad in connection with Ishrat fake encounter case.
Besides Vanzara, senior Gujarat police officers Girish Singhal, J G Parmar, Tarun Barot, Bharat Patel, Anaju Chaudhary and N K Amin have been arrested by CBI in connection with the encounter killing of teenage girl Ishrat, her friend Javed Sheikh, alias Pranesh Pillai, and two alleged Pakistani nationals Jeeshan Johar and Amjad Ali Rana.
The four were gunned down on June 15, 2004 allegedly in a staged encounter on the outskirts of the city by Ahmedabad police on the suspicion that they were on a mission to kill Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi.
CBI is expected to file its chargesheet in the case by July 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’