Suspended IPS officer D G Vanzara admitted in hospital
Ahmedabad: Suspended IPS officer D G Vanzara, an accused in a string of fake encounter killing cases, was on Saturday admitted in hospital here after he complained of chest pain.
Vanzara was admitted to U N Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research Centre here in the morning, according to a source in the hospital.
Vanzara is an accused in the cases relating to alleged fake encounter killing of Soharabuddin Sheikh, Tulsi Prajapati and college student Ishrat Jahan.
After spending nearly seven months at Navi Mumbai`s Taloja jail in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter killing case, Vanzara was recently shifted to Sabarmati Central Jail in Ahmedabad in connection with Ishrat fake encounter case.
Besides Vanzara, senior Gujarat police officers Girish Singhal, J G Parmar, Tarun Barot, Bharat Patel, Anaju Chaudhary and N K Amin have been arrested by CBI in connection with the encounter killing of teenage girl Ishrat, her friend Javed Sheikh, alias Pranesh Pillai, and two alleged Pakistani nationals Jeeshan Johar and Amjad Ali Rana.
The four were gunned down on June 15, 2004 allegedly in a staged encounter on the outskirts of the city by Ahmedabad police on the suspicion that they were on a mission to kill Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi.
CBI is expected to file its chargesheet in the case by July 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi