Suspension of Sanjiv Bhatt revoked in one of 3 cases
Ahmedabad: On the recommendation of the Union Home Ministry, the Gujarat government on Monday revoked suspension of whistle-blower IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt in one of three cases against him.
"However, as Bhatt has also been put under suspension in two other cases, he will remain under suspension till those cases are pending," said state`s Principal Secretary (Home) SK Nanda.
Bhatt, who alleged complicity of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the 2002 riots, was placed under suspension by the Home Department in exercise of powers conferred by Rule 3(1) of All India Services (Discipline and Appeals) Rules, 1969 on August 8, 2011.
The specific reasons cited against him were unauthorised absence from duty, non-appearance before a departmental panel and alleged misuse of official vehicle while he was posted as SRP training school principal in Junagadh district.
"His suspension has been revoked in this particular case," Nanda said.
"The central review committee which had met on August 6, 2012 was of the opinion that the proposal of the state government for further extension of Bhatt`s suspension beyond one year may be rejected," a ministry of home affairs communication sent to Bhatt by the state home department said.
"The state government has considered the recommendations of central review committee carefully and decided to accept the same and revoke suspension of Bhatt with effect from August 8 this year," Nanda said.
However, he remains suspended from the service in a criminal case where he has been accused for forcing his former constable to file a forged affidavit in which he had spend six days in police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'