Swine flu claims 23 lives in Gujarat; 82 under tre
Gandhinagar: Swine flu has claimed 23 lives in Gujarat since the onset of winter and 82 patients are being treated, the government said on Wednesday.
"There have been 23 deaths due to swine flu in the state since the latest outbreak of the disease this season. Eighty- two people are being treated in various hospitals," Nitin Patel, Health Minister and Gujarat government spokesperson, told media persons here.
The disease, he said, has aggravated because of the prolonged winter.
"The test kit of swine flu costs Rs 5,000. This kit is being provided free in both state-run and private hospitals," he said.
Seven patients in the age bracket of 1-14 years, 43 in 15-45 years and 32 patients above 45 years have been admitted in various hospitals, Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill