Swine flu claims 23 lives in Gujarat; 82 under tre
Gandhinagar: Swine flu has claimed 23 lives in Gujarat since the onset of winter and 82 patients are being treated, the government said on Wednesday.
"There have been 23 deaths due to swine flu in the state since the latest outbreak of the disease this season. Eighty- two people are being treated in various hospitals," Nitin Patel, Health Minister and Gujarat government spokesperson, told media persons here.
The disease, he said, has aggravated because of the prolonged winter.
"The test kit of swine flu costs Rs 5,000. This kit is being provided free in both state-run and private hospitals," he said.
Seven patients in the age bracket of 1-14 years, 43 in 15-45 years and 32 patients above 45 years have been admitted in various hospitals, Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani