Swine flu claims 23 lives in Gujarat; 82 under tre
Gandhinagar: Swine flu has claimed 23 lives in Gujarat since the onset of winter and 82 patients are being treated, the government said on Wednesday.
"There have been 23 deaths due to swine flu in the state since the latest outbreak of the disease this season. Eighty- two people are being treated in various hospitals," Nitin Patel, Health Minister and Gujarat government spokesperson, told media persons here.
The disease, he said, has aggravated because of the prolonged winter.
"The test kit of swine flu costs Rs 5,000. This kit is being provided free in both state-run and private hospitals," he said.
Seven patients in the age bracket of 1-14 years, 43 in 15-45 years and 32 patients above 45 years have been admitted in various hospitals, Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...