Swine flu claims 23 lives in Gujarat; 82 under tre
Gandhinagar: Swine flu has claimed 23 lives in Gujarat since the onset of winter and 82 patients are being treated, the government said on Wednesday.
"There have been 23 deaths due to swine flu in the state since the latest outbreak of the disease this season. Eighty- two people are being treated in various hospitals," Nitin Patel, Health Minister and Gujarat government spokesperson, told media persons here.
The disease, he said, has aggravated because of the prolonged winter.
"The test kit of swine flu costs Rs 5,000. This kit is being provided free in both state-run and private hospitals," he said.
Seven patients in the age bracket of 1-14 years, 43 in 15-45 years and 32 patients above 45 years have been admitted in various hospitals, Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16