Tableau on `Buddhist Heritage in Gujarat` at R-Day Parade
Gandhinagar: The `Buddhist Heritage in
Gujarat` will be the theme of the tableau of the state for
the Republic Day parade to be held in New Delhi.
The tableau portrays the rich heritage of Buddhism,
present in various forms across Gujarat, an official release
It displays a replica of the 4th Century Buddha statue
found in Dev-ni-mori of the state, along with the Buddhist
`mudras` (symbols) found at Vadnagar.
In the rear end of the tableau is a model of
Khanbhalida cave found near Rajkot, with sculptures of Buddha,
Varadtara, Dharanmata and Vrajpani.
A group of monks will be walking in front of the
tableau, humming the tune `Buddham Sharanam Gachchami`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’