Tableau on `Buddhist Heritage in Gujarat` at R-Day Parade
Gandhinagar: The `Buddhist Heritage in
Gujarat` will be the theme of the tableau of the state for
the Republic Day parade to be held in New Delhi.
The tableau portrays the rich heritage of Buddhism,
present in various forms across Gujarat, an official release
It displays a replica of the 4th Century Buddha statue
found in Dev-ni-mori of the state, along with the Buddhist
`mudras` (symbols) found at Vadnagar.
In the rear end of the tableau is a model of
Khanbhalida cave found near Rajkot, with sculptures of Buddha,
Varadtara, Dharanmata and Vrajpani.
A group of monks will be walking in front of the
tableau, humming the tune `Buddham Sharanam Gachchami`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?