Tattoos popular in Gujarat ahead of Navratri
Vadodara: Tattoos are the latest fashion statement for the Gujarati youth, ahead of the Navratri festival which will begin on September 28.
Tattoo artists -- male and female -- are in demand.
This year the artists have been charging anything between Rs 100 to Rs 1,000, depending on the complexity of the design and the size, market sources said.
Girls prefer tattoos depicting Radha-Krishna doing dandia raas, or that of a butterfly, a star, a flower, or a dolphin.
Aneri Prajapati, a tattoo enthusiast, said, "It gives the girl a different look and makes the personality attractive.
The viewers who turn up to see garba events, easily notice those sporting special designs."
Palak Oza, a tattoo artist, said that large number of girls were approaching her to get a tattoo made, before the festival began.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister