Tattoos popular in Gujarat ahead of Navratri
Vadodara: Tattoos are the latest fashion statement for the Gujarati youth, ahead of the Navratri festival which will begin on September 28.
Tattoo artists -- male and female -- are in demand.
This year the artists have been charging anything between Rs 100 to Rs 1,000, depending on the complexity of the design and the size, market sources said.
Girls prefer tattoos depicting Radha-Krishna doing dandia raas, or that of a butterfly, a star, a flower, or a dolphin.
Aneri Prajapati, a tattoo enthusiast, said, "It gives the girl a different look and makes the personality attractive.
The viewers who turn up to see garba events, easily notice those sporting special designs."
Palak Oza, a tattoo artist, said that large number of girls were approaching her to get a tattoo made, before the festival began.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam