TCS, GIDC yet to start construction in IT Zone: Guj Govt
Gandhinagar: Private as well as
government-owned agencies like TCS, ICICI Bank, Satyam
Computers and Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation
(GIDC) are yet to start construction in the IT zone which have
been allotted to them by the state government in Gandhinagar.
In a written reply to a question asked by Congress
member Rajendrasinh Parmar, the state government admitted that
these companies, which were allotted lands in 2007 and 2008
have not started construction on the site in the IT zone.
However, University Grants Commission (UGC), DLF and
Torrent Power Ltd (TPL) have begun construction on the site in
the IT zone in the state capital, they said.
Giving details of the lands these company has been
allotted, the state revenue department stated that Tata
Consultancy Service has been given 1.03 lakh square metre
land, while GIDC has got 2,22,585 sq metre land.
DLF has got 1,01,200 sq metre, UGC and Torrent 10,000
sq metre each and ICICI bank has got 71,264 sq metre area,
while Satyam Computers has got 1,05,222 square metre area of
The allocation to these companies was made in the year
2007 and 2008, stated the revenue department in the assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech