TeamLease, Guj govt to set up vocational education univ
New Delhi: Recruitment firm TeamLease Services along with the Gujarat government will set up a vocational education university in Gujarat.
The university would in turn set up 22 community colleges across Gujarat in the next three years, TeamLease today said.
The firm and the Gujarat government have entered into an agreement for establishing the university.
"TeamLease University (TLU) will set up 22 community colleges across Gujarat that will offer two year associate degree programmes in collaboration with employers," the company said in a statement.
The 22 community colleges are likely to come up over 36 months while the first one is expected to be set up over the next 18 months.
Gujarat`s Principal Secretary (Education) Hasmukh Adhia said that youth unemployability is a bigger problem than youth unemployment.
"...we (government) believe that community colleges offering programs with strong employment linkages are an important part of the solution. We are happy that TeamLease is partnering with Gujarat to set up India`s first vocational education university," Adhia added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!