TeamLease, Guj govt to set up vocational education univ
New Delhi: Recruitment firm TeamLease Services along with the Gujarat government will set up a vocational education university in Gujarat.
The university would in turn set up 22 community colleges across Gujarat in the next three years, TeamLease today said.
The firm and the Gujarat government have entered into an agreement for establishing the university.
"TeamLease University (TLU) will set up 22 community colleges across Gujarat that will offer two year associate degree programmes in collaboration with employers," the company said in a statement.
The 22 community colleges are likely to come up over 36 months while the first one is expected to be set up over the next 18 months.
Gujarat`s Principal Secretary (Education) Hasmukh Adhia said that youth unemployability is a bigger problem than youth unemployment.
"...we (government) believe that community colleges offering programs with strong employment linkages are an important part of the solution. We are happy that TeamLease is partnering with Gujarat to set up India`s first vocational education university," Adhia added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS