TeamLease, Guj govt to set up vocational education univ
New Delhi: Recruitment firm TeamLease Services along with the Gujarat government will set up a vocational education university in Gujarat.
The university would in turn set up 22 community colleges across Gujarat in the next three years, TeamLease today said.
The firm and the Gujarat government have entered into an agreement for establishing the university.
"TeamLease University (TLU) will set up 22 community colleges across Gujarat that will offer two year associate degree programmes in collaboration with employers," the company said in a statement.
The 22 community colleges are likely to come up over 36 months while the first one is expected to be set up over the next 18 months.
Gujarat`s Principal Secretary (Education) Hasmukh Adhia said that youth unemployability is a bigger problem than youth unemployment.
"...we (government) believe that community colleges offering programs with strong employment linkages are an important part of the solution. We are happy that TeamLease is partnering with Gujarat to set up India`s first vocational education university," Adhia added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- When Arshad threw a 'trishul' at Boman and left him bleeding
- Silver price slips below Rs 46,000, down Rs 1,020/kg
- Lactating mothers can reduce risk of diabetes through breastfeeding, says study
- MH370 search team raises prospect plane could lie elsewhere
- World's biggest online piracy site Kickass Torrents shut down, alleged owner arrested