TeamLease, Guj govt to set up vocational education univ
New Delhi: Recruitment firm TeamLease Services along with the Gujarat government will set up a vocational education university in Gujarat.
The university would in turn set up 22 community colleges across Gujarat in the next three years, TeamLease today said.
The firm and the Gujarat government have entered into an agreement for establishing the university.
"TeamLease University (TLU) will set up 22 community colleges across Gujarat that will offer two year associate degree programmes in collaboration with employers," the company said in a statement.
The 22 community colleges are likely to come up over 36 months while the first one is expected to be set up over the next 18 months.
Gujarat`s Principal Secretary (Education) Hasmukh Adhia said that youth unemployability is a bigger problem than youth unemployment.
"...we (government) believe that community colleges offering programs with strong employment linkages are an important part of the solution. We are happy that TeamLease is partnering with Gujarat to set up India`s first vocational education university," Adhia added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured