Teenage boy arrested for allegedly raping and robbing a girl in Gujarat
Vadodara: A 17-year-old boy was arrested on Monday for allegedly raping and robbing a girl in Gotri area of the city, a senior police official said.
Police claimed to have arrested the accused within six hours of the complaint being filed by the girl, with whom the incident took place late last night.
"The police cracked the case within six hours and arrested the accused. We have also seized robbed valuables from him including Rs 1,000, which he withdrawn from an ATM using her card and her mobile phone," City Commissioner of Police Satish Sharma said.
The accused approached the girl when she was standing with her friend near Aamin park area at around 9.15 PM last night, the police said.
The accused threatened the girl and her friend, and took the girl to an ATM in the area and forced her to withdraw Rs 1,000.
After withdrawing cash from the ATM, he allegedly took her to a lonely place near Sindhgrot village and raped her, police said.
Later, he left her at Aamin park and asked her friend to give him Rs 15,000, failing which he threatened to publicise the girl`s obscene photographs, the police said.
The girl narrated incident to her relatives, who lodged a complaint.
Incidentally, Commissioner Sharma who was patrolling the city himself last night, rushed to the spot and formed six teams to crack the case.
Officials showed several photographs of suspects to the girl, who identified the culprit. Based on the photograph, the police arrested the teenager from his home in that area, Sharma said.
"In the past, the police had registered five cases of vehicle theft and three cases of loot against the boy at different police stations in the city and district. The teenage accused was kept at the children`s observation home here, but managed to escape on June 9," Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown