Teenage girl kidnapped, raped in Gujarat
Vadodara: An 18-year-old girl was allegedly kidnapped and raped by two youths in the district, police said on Monday.
The victim was kidnapped by the accused, identified as Mahendrasinh and Khuman Parmar, on the night of April 14 when she was on her way to relieve herself in a field at Pratappura village, police sub-inspector N K Goswami said.
"The girl was then taken to another village the next day by the accused and was raped again," he said, adding that the duo dropped her in Pratappura village on April 18 and threatened her with dire consequences if she disclosed the matter.
Police said the victim has named eight persons, including two women, for abetting the crime in her complaint.
The victim`s father had filed a complaint of kidnapping on April 15. Goswami said no arrests have been made in the case as they are verifying her complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what