Teenager abducted, Rs 50 lakh ransom demanded for release
Ahmedabad: A 15-year-old boy has been
kidnapped from near his residence in Naroda area of the city,
and the abductors have demanded Rs 50 lakh ransom from his
family members for his release, police said on Friday.
The incident occurred yesterday late night when the
boy, studying in class nine was abducted from Viravadi where
he lived with his aunt, they said.
According to police, the boy`s parents are
non-resident Indian (NRI) based in Canada.
They said that investigation in the matter was on, but
admitted that they have not been able to get some concrete
leads into the case.
A case has been registered at the Naroda police
station and efforts are on to trace the phone call made by the
abductors, police said, adding that the kidnappers seem to be
someone close to the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America