Teenager abducted, Rs 50 lakh ransom demanded for release
Ahmedabad: A 15-year-old boy has been
kidnapped from near his residence in Naroda area of the city,
and the abductors have demanded Rs 50 lakh ransom from his
family members for his release, police said on Friday.
The incident occurred yesterday late night when the
boy, studying in class nine was abducted from Viravadi where
he lived with his aunt, they said.
According to police, the boy`s parents are
non-resident Indian (NRI) based in Canada.
They said that investigation in the matter was on, but
admitted that they have not been able to get some concrete
leads into the case.
A case has been registered at the Naroda police
station and efforts are on to trace the phone call made by the
abductors, police said, adding that the kidnappers seem to be
someone close to the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Happy Birthday Dhyan Chand: 10 interesting facts you must know about India's hockey legend
- AAP-Sheila Dikshit trying to suppress Rs 400 crore water tanker scam: BJP
- Sensex extends losses for 3rd straight session on US rate hike concerns
- China-Pak Economic Corridor will not benefit locals in the region: Defence Expert
- SC to hear Delhi government's challenge of HC verdict in favour of L-G