Teenager abducted, Rs 50 lakh ransom demanded for release
Ahmedabad: A 15-year-old boy has been
kidnapped from near his residence in Naroda area of the city,
and the abductors have demanded Rs 50 lakh ransom from his
family members for his release, police said on Friday.
The incident occurred yesterday late night when the
boy, studying in class nine was abducted from Viravadi where
he lived with his aunt, they said.
According to police, the boy`s parents are
non-resident Indian (NRI) based in Canada.
They said that investigation in the matter was on, but
admitted that they have not been able to get some concrete
leads into the case.
A case has been registered at the Naroda police
station and efforts are on to trace the phone call made by the
abductors, police said, adding that the kidnappers seem to be
someone close to the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Premier League: Leicester City's triumph is the reason why we all love football, says Lionel Messi
- Who Humpty? It’s time for ‘Badrinath’ Varun Dhawan to hunt for his ‘Dulhania’ Alia Bhatt
- Pakistan has one month's time to grab US F-16 deal
- Not angry at India, China or Japan, but at incompetent US leaders: Donald Trump
- Pakistan slams Donald Trump's remarks about release of 'CIA doctor' Shakil Afridi