Teenager raped, murdered in Gujarat village
Dahod (Gujarat): A 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by her cousin at Uchvania village of Dahod taluka, police said on Monday.
The incident took place late last night, they said, adding that she had attended a marriage party.
After the event got over, her cousin Mukesh Samka took her to a nearby field where he allegedly raped her. She died of severe injuries to her private parts, they said.
When the girl failed to return home, her family members started searching for her and they found her dead body near a well in the vicinity of their house.
Members of the marriage party were questioned and they told the police that she had gone with Samka.
"We have interrogated Samka and will arrest him soon. He has been booked under sections 376 (rape) and 302 (murder) of the Indian Penal Code," Dahod (taluka) PSI M M Puwar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test