Teenager raped, murdered in Gujarat village
Dahod (Gujarat): A 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by her cousin at Uchvania village of Dahod taluka, police said on Monday.
The incident took place late last night, they said, adding that she had attended a marriage party.
After the event got over, her cousin Mukesh Samka took her to a nearby field where he allegedly raped her. She died of severe injuries to her private parts, they said.
When the girl failed to return home, her family members started searching for her and they found her dead body near a well in the vicinity of their house.
Members of the marriage party were questioned and they told the police that she had gone with Samka.
"We have interrogated Samka and will arrest him soon. He has been booked under sections 376 (rape) and 302 (murder) of the Indian Penal Code," Dahod (taluka) PSI M M Puwar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death