Teenager raped, murdered in Gujarat village
Dahod (Gujarat): A 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by her cousin at Uchvania village of Dahod taluka, police said on Monday.
The incident took place late last night, they said, adding that she had attended a marriage party.
After the event got over, her cousin Mukesh Samka took her to a nearby field where he allegedly raped her. She died of severe injuries to her private parts, they said.
When the girl failed to return home, her family members started searching for her and they found her dead body near a well in the vicinity of their house.
Members of the marriage party were questioned and they told the police that she had gone with Samka.
"We have interrogated Samka and will arrest him soon. He has been booked under sections 376 (rape) and 302 (murder) of the Indian Penal Code," Dahod (taluka) PSI M M Puwar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'