Teenager raped, murdered in Gujarat village
Dahod (Gujarat): A 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by her cousin at Uchvania village of Dahod taluka, police said on Monday.
The incident took place late last night, they said, adding that she had attended a marriage party.
After the event got over, her cousin Mukesh Samka took her to a nearby field where he allegedly raped her. She died of severe injuries to her private parts, they said.
When the girl failed to return home, her family members started searching for her and they found her dead body near a well in the vicinity of their house.
Members of the marriage party were questioned and they told the police that she had gone with Samka.
"We have interrogated Samka and will arrest him soon. He has been booked under sections 376 (rape) and 302 (murder) of the Indian Penal Code," Dahod (taluka) PSI M M Puwar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress