Teenager stabs mother to death in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: A teenager Wednesday allegedly
stabbed his mother to death following a quarrel over a family matter in Danilimda area of the city, police said.
The incident took place in Khodiyarnagar slum in
Danilimda area where Hemant Solanki (17) had a quarrel with
his mother Lilaben (40) over some family matter, they said.
According to police, following the heated argument
Hemant, in a fit of rage, picked up a knife and stabbed
Lilaben a number of times.
She was taken to hospital where the doctors declared her brought dead, police said.
Lilaben was a mother of five children, including two
boys and three girls and her husband had left her five years
ago suspecting her of having an extra marital affair with a
man who lived in the same locality, police said.
A case has been filed against Hemant, who is on the run,
by his younger brother Hitesh at the Danilimda police station,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal