Terror alert at Gujarat airport; security beefed up
Ahmedabad: Security was Friday beefed up at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel international airport here following an alert sounded by the Union Home Ministry about a possible terror strike.
"Following an alert from the Union Home Ministry, the security has been beefed up at the airport here as a precautionary measure," an airport official said.
Personnel manning the airport security have been instructed to be more rigorous during scanning the passengers and report people with suspicious behaviour, the official said.
"It`s a routine exercise that whenever an alert is sounded by the ministry, security is usually stepped up at all airports across the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video