Terror alert at Gujarat airport; security beefed up
Ahmedabad: Security was Friday beefed up at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel international airport here following an alert sounded by the Union Home Ministry about a possible terror strike.
"Following an alert from the Union Home Ministry, the security has been beefed up at the airport here as a precautionary measure," an airport official said.
Personnel manning the airport security have been instructed to be more rigorous during scanning the passengers and report people with suspicious behaviour, the official said.
"It`s a routine exercise that whenever an alert is sounded by the ministry, security is usually stepped up at all airports across the country," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended