Tewari tweets on "curbs" on media in Gujarat secretariat
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Friday took a dig at BJP leader Narendra Modi`s style of functioning after reports said that entry of reporters in the Gujarat secretariat had been restricted due to concerns related to the Chief Minister`s security.
"Press Reports - Journalists banned from Gujarat Secretariat ostensibly because terrorists may pose as journalists . Freedom of Press-BJP style!," Tewari said in a post on social networking site Twitter.
As per reports in the media, certain restrictions had been put on the movement of journalists` and as per authorities this was due to threat perceptions.
Reports said accredited journalists could also enter the newly-constructed Swarnim Sankul if the official they intended to meet gave approval to their entry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons
- Gunmen kill at least eight in Munich shopping mall, shooters on the run
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators