Tewari tweets on "curbs" on media in Gujarat secretariat
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Friday took a dig at BJP leader Narendra Modi`s style of functioning after reports said that entry of reporters in the Gujarat secretariat had been restricted due to concerns related to the Chief Minister`s security.
"Press Reports - Journalists banned from Gujarat Secretariat ostensibly because terrorists may pose as journalists . Freedom of Press-BJP style!," Tewari said in a post on social networking site Twitter.
As per reports in the media, certain restrictions had been put on the movement of journalists` and as per authorities this was due to threat perceptions.
Reports said accredited journalists could also enter the newly-constructed Swarnim Sankul if the official they intended to meet gave approval to their entry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town