Tewari tweets on "curbs" on media in Gujarat secretariat
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Friday took a dig at BJP leader Narendra Modi`s style of functioning after reports said that entry of reporters in the Gujarat secretariat had been restricted due to concerns related to the Chief Minister`s security.
"Press Reports - Journalists banned from Gujarat Secretariat ostensibly because terrorists may pose as journalists . Freedom of Press-BJP style!," Tewari said in a post on social networking site Twitter.
As per reports in the media, certain restrictions had been put on the movement of journalists` and as per authorities this was due to threat perceptions.
Reports said accredited journalists could also enter the newly-constructed Swarnim Sankul if the official they intended to meet gave approval to their entry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Biopic on Kishore Kumar, RD Burman shouldn't be made: Naseeruddin Shah
- Samsung Electronics says Galaxy Note 7 demand beats supply
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad
- Samsung, Tencent surge in race to become Asia's most valuable firm