Tewari tweets on "curbs" on media in Gujarat secretariat
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Friday took a dig at BJP leader Narendra Modi`s style of functioning after reports said that entry of reporters in the Gujarat secretariat had been restricted due to concerns related to the Chief Minister`s security.
"Press Reports - Journalists banned from Gujarat Secretariat ostensibly because terrorists may pose as journalists . Freedom of Press-BJP style!," Tewari said in a post on social networking site Twitter.
As per reports in the media, certain restrictions had been put on the movement of journalists` and as per authorities this was due to threat perceptions.
Reports said accredited journalists could also enter the newly-constructed Swarnim Sankul if the official they intended to meet gave approval to their entry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur