Threat call to Guj Congress leader: One detained
New Delhi: An unidentified person has been detained in Gujarat for questioning related to a threatening call to state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia.
As per reports, Monday, the man in question was given a contract to kill Modhwadia, who is Congress MLA from Porbandar.
Modhwadia, a former leader of opposition in Gujarat Assembly and Congress spokesperson in the state, was recently appointed the head of Congress’s state unit.
Modhwadia replaced existing President Siddharth Patel who had completed his term in the middle of last year but was asked to stay on the post for extended period.
Patel had offered resignation from his post in October last year after party’s near total defeat in statewide civic polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'