Threat call to Guj Congress leader: One detained
New Delhi: An unidentified person has been detained in Gujarat for questioning related to a threatening call to state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia.
As per reports, Monday, the man in question was given a contract to kill Modhwadia, who is Congress MLA from Porbandar.
Modhwadia, a former leader of opposition in Gujarat Assembly and Congress spokesperson in the state, was recently appointed the head of Congress’s state unit.
Modhwadia replaced existing President Siddharth Patel who had completed his term in the middle of last year but was asked to stay on the post for extended period.
Patel had offered resignation from his post in October last year after party’s near total defeat in statewide civic polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened