Threat call to Guj Congress leader: One detained
New Delhi: An unidentified person has been detained in Gujarat for questioning related to a threatening call to state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia.
As per reports, Monday, the man in question was given a contract to kill Modhwadia, who is Congress MLA from Porbandar.
Modhwadia, a former leader of opposition in Gujarat Assembly and Congress spokesperson in the state, was recently appointed the head of Congress’s state unit.
Modhwadia replaced existing President Siddharth Patel who had completed his term in the middle of last year but was asked to stay on the post for extended period.
Patel had offered resignation from his post in October last year after party’s near total defeat in statewide civic polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015