Threat call to Guj Congress leader: One detained
New Delhi: An unidentified person has been detained in Gujarat for questioning related to a threatening call to state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia.
As per reports, Monday, the man in question was given a contract to kill Modhwadia, who is Congress MLA from Porbandar.
Modhwadia, a former leader of opposition in Gujarat Assembly and Congress spokesperson in the state, was recently appointed the head of Congress’s state unit.
Modhwadia replaced existing President Siddharth Patel who had completed his term in the middle of last year but was asked to stay on the post for extended period.
Patel had offered resignation from his post in October last year after party’s near total defeat in statewide civic polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list