Threat call to Guj Congress leader: One detained
New Delhi: An unidentified person has been detained in Gujarat for questioning related to a threatening call to state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia.
As per reports, Monday, the man in question was given a contract to kill Modhwadia, who is Congress MLA from Porbandar.
Modhwadia, a former leader of opposition in Gujarat Assembly and Congress spokesperson in the state, was recently appointed the head of Congress’s state unit.
Modhwadia replaced existing President Siddharth Patel who had completed his term in the middle of last year but was asked to stay on the post for extended period.
Patel had offered resignation from his post in October last year after party’s near total defeat in statewide civic polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security