Three children killed in a wall collapse in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: Three children, including two brothers and their cousin, died today morning after a large wall of a private coaching class near their residence in Nava Vadaj area suddenly collapsed, killing them on the spot.
The deceased have been identfied as Sahil Desai (12), his younger brother Piyush Desai (10) and their maternal cousin Kiran Desai (12).
Sahil and Piyush used to live with their parents in hutments built near the compound wall of a private coaching class called Swami Vivekananda Institute, situated near Akhbarnagar circle in Nava Vadaj area here.
Since it is vacation time in schools, their maternal cousin Kiran came here since last few days to enjoy the free time with them, their relatives said.
In his complaint to Naranpura police, one of their relative Mohan Rabari alleged that when the three boys were playing near the wall, it suddenly collapsed on them at around 10 am.
Though locals and rescue teams of Ahmedabad fire brigade sent them to the Sola Civil hospital after pulling them out of the debris, it was too late to save them, since they were declared dead by doctors.
Later, the Naranpura police also rushed to the spot and began investigation and registered a case against the institute management for causing deaths of the three kids.
Based on the complaint field by Mohan Rabari, the Naranpura police registered a case under Section 304-A (causing death through negligence) of the Indian Penal Code against all those responsible trustees of the institute.
"We have lodged a case under Section 304-A and started our investigation. However, no arrests have been made yet," said Naranpura police inspector N J Patil said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video