Three dalit youths killed in police firing in Gujarat town
Rajkot: Three dalit youths were killed after police firing at Thangadh town near here following clashes with Bharwad community members, officials said.
The trouble between dalits and the Bharwad (Shepherd) community members started at the Tarnetar fair held near Thangadh in Surendranagar district which concluded yesterday, they said.
The members of the two communities clashed over some issue after the fair. The police who reached the spot first resorted to lathicharge and then fired tear gas shells. When the violence continued, police fired in the air in which a dalit boy died while two others who were seriously injured passed away on Sunday.
To quell the mob, police first resorted to lathicharge, then fired tear gas shells, but as violence continued and stone throwing started, we had to fire in air, a police official said.
Meanwhile, clashes between the two community groups flared up again this afternoon, police said adding that security has been stepped up in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi