Three dead as rains lash parts of Gujarat
Ahmedabad/Rajkot: Rains lashed many parts of Gujarat Monday, including parched regions of Saurashtra and Kutch, leaving three people dead.
Kutch and Saurashtra regions, the worst hit due to deficient rainfall so far, witnessed incessant rains.
Many parts of Saurashtra received upto 75 mm rainfall in the last 36 hours. Jamnagar recorded 65 mm, Amreli (77), Junagadh (40) and Gondal in Rajkot 75 mm of rainfall, district control room said.
Three persons including two children were killed when lightning struck them in two different incidents in Rajkot district of Saurashtra region.
Devgan Jhala (14) and his cousin Kisan Jhala (13) were working in their field at Kotda Sanghani when lightning struck them, police said.
The duo were brought to Rajkot Civil hospital but succumbed to their burn injuries, Dr Harsha Patel at Civil hospital said.
In an another incident, a farmer was killed by lightning when he was working in his farm in Jagdan town of Rajkot district, officials said.
Meanwhile, heavy rains lashed Ahmedabad disrupting vehicular movement at many places.
Parched Gujarat is expected to witness heavy to very rains across the state over the next few days, a regional Indian Meteorological department official said here today.
"Many parts of the state including Kutch and Saurashtra will get between 7 cm and 15 cm rainfall over the next couple of days," Meteorologist at regional IMD Manorama Mohanty said.
According to IMD, off shore trough on sea level chart extended from South Gujarat coast to Kerala coast persists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users