Three girls drown in Valsad
Ahmedabad: Three girls died after drowning in a irrigation canal in Umargaon taluka of Valsad district of south Gujarat, police said here Wednesday.
The incident took place yesterday evening when the three girls - Neha Pagi (10), Nikita Pagi (5) and Raveen Dhapu (9) had gone for bathing in the canal outside their village Daheli in Umargaon, they said.
The three minor girls had gone for bathing in the Jarikhadki canal outside their village, when one of them slipped into deeper waters and drowned. The two others while trying to save her also slipped and drowned in the canal, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions