Three girls drown in Valsad
Ahmedabad: Three girls died after drowning in a irrigation canal in Umargaon taluka of Valsad district of south Gujarat, police said here Wednesday.
The incident took place yesterday evening when the three girls - Neha Pagi (10), Nikita Pagi (5) and Raveen Dhapu (9) had gone for bathing in the canal outside their village Daheli in Umargaon, they said.
The three minor girls had gone for bathing in the Jarikhadki canal outside their village, when one of them slipped into deeper waters and drowned. The two others while trying to save her also slipped and drowned in the canal, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city