Three girls drown in Valsad
Ahmedabad: Three girls died after drowning in a irrigation canal in Umargaon taluka of Valsad district of south Gujarat, police said here Wednesday.
The incident took place yesterday evening when the three girls - Neha Pagi (10), Nikita Pagi (5) and Raveen Dhapu (9) had gone for bathing in the canal outside their village Daheli in Umargaon, they said.
The three minor girls had gone for bathing in the Jarikhadki canal outside their village, when one of them slipped into deeper waters and drowned. The two others while trying to save her also slipped and drowned in the canal, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video