Three girls drown in Valsad
Ahmedabad: Three girls died after drowning in a irrigation canal in Umargaon taluka of Valsad district of south Gujarat, police said here Wednesday.
The incident took place yesterday evening when the three girls - Neha Pagi (10), Nikita Pagi (5) and Raveen Dhapu (9) had gone for bathing in the canal outside their village Daheli in Umargaon, they said.
The three minor girls had gone for bathing in the Jarikhadki canal outside their village, when one of them slipped into deeper waters and drowned. The two others while trying to save her also slipped and drowned in the canal, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP