Three girls drown in Valsad
Ahmedabad: Three girls died after drowning in a irrigation canal in Umargaon taluka of Valsad district of south Gujarat, police said here Wednesday.
The incident took place yesterday evening when the three girls - Neha Pagi (10), Nikita Pagi (5) and Raveen Dhapu (9) had gone for bathing in the canal outside their village Daheli in Umargaon, they said.
The three minor girls had gone for bathing in the Jarikhadki canal outside their village, when one of them slipped into deeper waters and drowned. The two others while trying to save her also slipped and drowned in the canal, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured