Three Gujrat IPS officers issued show cause notice
Ahmedabad: Three IPS officers and a retired
Dy SP have been issued show cause notices by the Home
department as part of the departmental inquiry initiated
against them in connection with the 1993 Gossabara RDX and
arms landing case in Porbander district.
"IPS officers HP Singh, Satish Verma and Atul Karwal
and retired DySP Sukhdevsinh Jhala have been issued notice by
the Home department on Friday," DGP Chitarajan Singh said.
"They have been asked to reply within 30 days as to why
action should not be taken against them for not arresting a
key accused in the Gossabara RDX landing case, Abdul Sattar
(Abdul Habib Hamdani alias `Sattar Maulana`)," he said.
Singh said that the notice has been issued after an
inquiry report by ADGP Pramod Kumar was submitted to the Home
department. This was part of the departmental inquiry against
the officers, he added.
These officers were posted in Porbander when huge
cache of explosives and arms allegedly landed at the Gossabara
beach and later was used in carrying out serial blasts in
Mumbai in 1993.
HP Singh is presently heading the State crime records
Bureau (SCRB), Verma, is JCP traffic here, Karwal is JCP
sector II and Jhala is retired.
Verma is also member of the SIT formed by the Gujarat
High Court to probe the 2004 police encounter of Ishrat Jahan
and three others.
The show cause notice is result of a PIL filed by
senior High Court counsel and former MLA Yatin Oza in 2005
seeking action against the officers for their alleged inaction
against Abdul Sattar Abdul Habib Hamdani alias `Sattar
Maulana`, an accused in the case of landing of large cache of
RDX and arms at Gossabara beach in Porbander district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch